Author Topic: Introduce yourself to the community  (Read 86181 times)

Offline michaelgibbs

Re: Introduce yourself to the community
« Reply #315 on: January 14, 2016, 05:21:37 AM »
Hi,

My name is Michael Gibbs. I am new member of the community and i like to say hello to all members.

Offline vzrenggamani

• Helpful: 0
  • SetanKothak Families :v :v
    • OpenWorld Tech
  • Languages: ID, EN, C++, HTML
« Reply #316 on: January 14, 2016, 06:45:05 AM »
Hi,

My name is Michael Gibbs. I am new member of the community and i like to say hello to all members.

Hi, Nice To Meet you . i Am From Indonesia

SIMUTRANS INDONESIA WEBSITE  <<< Indonesia Simutrans Addons Center And Web
HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND MY ENGLISH

Offline jamespetts

• Simitrans-Extended project coordinator
  • Devotee
  • Helpful: 143
  • Cake baker
    • Bridgewater-Brunel
  • Languages: EN
« Reply #317 on: January 14, 2016, 10:11:43 AM »
Hello. Welcome to Simutrans!
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Offline Davis Patch

• Helpful: 0
  • Live fast, die slow.
  • Languages: eng
« Reply #318 on: January 14, 2016, 11:31:41 AM »
Hello and welcome!
I'm from Leeds
Love this forum
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
Winston Churchill

Offline HaydenRead

« Reply #319 on: January 14, 2016, 07:53:38 PM »
Welcome to Simutrans, I am from New Zealand, and find this a wonderful community.

Offline Yona-TYT

« Reply #320 on: January 14, 2016, 09:56:30 PM »

Welcome to Simutrans, I am from New Zealand, and find this a wonderful community.
Without any doubt, is one the best communities I've seen.  :thumbsup:

Offline sdog

« Reply #321 on: January 15, 2016, 02:15:01 AM »
Welcome Mr Gibbs and Mr Patch, I shall look forward to enjoyable conversations about this lovely game, that appears so small, yet is so deep.

Offline mahamkhan

« Reply #322 on: September 19, 2016, 05:37:16 AM »
Hello Everyone, My name is Maham Khan and i am new to this community , I hope everyone is doing good here ?

Offline gauthier

« Reply #323 on: September 19, 2016, 05:01:20 PM »
Welcome ! We hope you will enjoy the game and the community here  ;)

Offline SamMarron

« Reply #324 on: October 10, 2016, 01:39:34 PM »
Hi, i'm from Berlin, nice to meet you all!

Offline kierongreen

« Reply #325 on: October 10, 2016, 08:39:45 PM »
And you too :)

Offline jimbolimbo9

« Reply #326 on: December 27, 2016, 04:10:52 PM »
Hello people, I'm James and I'm from Oxford, UK. I enjoy playing Simutrans in my spare time, and I'm a big fan of the pak128.Britain pakset! There are quite a few road and rail vehicles missing in the pak (in my opinion). I am a rail and bus enthusiast (train/bus spotter in layman's terms) and I am very willing to help improve the British pak with new vehicles, as soon as I get to grips with how to go about it!
James L

My Flickr - click here.

Offline jamespetts

• Devotee
  • Cake baker
    • Bridgewater-Brunel
« Reply #327 on: December 27, 2016, 04:43:00 PM »
Welcome! If you would like any help with producing new/adapted graphics, do ask on the Pak128.Britain forum, and we will be glad to help. With the latest methods/processes, producing new graphics should be fairly easy now once you get to grips with using Blender (and you only need to know the basics of that).

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Offline sebastien

« Reply #328 on: December 30, 2016, 03:04:33 PM »
Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum. My name is S├ębastien and I'm from Paris. I'm a software developer.

I discovered Simutrans thanks to a great friend who has been playing for at least 10 years and is active in this community.

I have not yet finished my first game but I already think this game is wonderful. I'd be happy to help the community improve this game or the pak128.

Offline jamespetts

• Devotee
  • Cake baker
    • Bridgewater-Brunel
« Reply #329 on: December 30, 2016, 03:12:17 PM »
Welcome! May you have much Simutrans related enjoyment.

Offline mwang

« Reply #330 on: February 22, 2017, 12:54:56 AM »
Hello fellow peoples!
My name is Ming, im a 20 year old student in Canada. I've never really played Simutrans before but I am definitely going to play it now. I look forward to fixing bugs, pushing updates and being involved in this great community!

Thank you for reading  :)

Offline jamespetts

• Devotee
  • Cake baker
    • Bridgewater-Brunel
« Reply #331 on: February 22, 2017, 01:24:07 AM »
Welcome to the community! Excellent to see new developers joining us. Do let me know if you would like any help in getting started.

Offline JHSDF

« Reply #332 on: March 09, 2017, 10:30:12 AM »
Hello! My name is JHSDF, from Japan. I'm 21 years old.
I play Simutrans for 3 years. And recently, I make some addons with 3DCG modeling.
I'm not good at English, but I'd like to communicate with you.

Offline Combuijs

• Web Team
  • Devotee
  • Helpful: 53
  • Maintainer of maps.simutrans.com
    • Combuijs
  • Languages: EN, NL
« Reply #333 on: March 09, 2017, 12:35:48 PM »
Welcome to the community! Wish you lots of fun here!
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

Offline jamespetts

• Devotee
  • Cake baker
    • Bridgewater-Brunel
« Reply #334 on: March 10, 2017, 12:29:07 AM »
Welcome!

Offline Kernigh

« Reply #335 on: March 14, 2017, 09:00:47 PM »
I'm Kernigh. I'm teaching myself to play Simutrans with Pak128 after having played OpenTTD. My computer runs OpenBSD. I was able to download the source code of Simutrans from Sourceforge and build it for SDL on OpenBSD. I can't play multiplayer because the game crashes, but I can play single-player Pak128.

I played my first game of Simutrans in September 2015. I was not in beginner mode or free-play mode. I built buses and transported only passengers. I used public roads to save money. I stayed out of debt and made a small profit. I slowly expanded my bus network to get more passengers. Then profit went negative and stayed negative. I had too many empty buses losing money, and elsewhere, I had too many passengers in crowded stops. I sold some buses but failed to fix the problem. I founded the company in 1930 and abandoned it in 1955.

I stopped playing Simutrans until March 2017, when I got Simutrans 120.2.1 and Pak128 2.6. I teach myself to build trains. I buy a cheap engine, the Nabe-JNR SL C11. I add Plank Cars and make a 4-tile train. I experiment in some games that I don't save. Then I reroll new maps until I have tree plantations, and I start my second game, "Edinburgh". My trains pull lumber to a sawmill and planks to a furniture factory. I'm not transporting furniture, so the factory gets full and my company goes bankrupt.

My third game is "AI Land". I build nothing, but I start 6 passenger AIs and 6 cargo AIs. I watch as all 6 passenger AIs go bankrupt. Of the cargo AIs, 3 transport waste to an incinerator, and 3 do nothing. AIs never do the longer industry chains.

My fourth game is "Stirling". I again reroll for tree plantations. I go into debt to complete the chain of lumber to sawmills, planks to furniture factories, furniture to shopping center. I learn to ignore my big red negative account balance, and look at my net worth in the finances window. This is my first successful company in Simutrans. I almost go bankrupt when I sell my furniture trucks and buy furniture trains, but I survive. I founded the company in 1930, with 500,000 in cash. My net wealth returns to 500,000 in 1954.

The game makes .bmp screenshots. I cropped some and made .png files. They are bigger than 64K, too big for forum attachments, but I can upload them to Imgur and copy the "BBcode" from Imgur to here.

This was one of my bridges in my fourth game "Stirling". I terraformed to make the bridge, as I learned in the thread about double-height bridges. But the bridge has expensive maintenance.

So I deleted the bridge and put some elevated rail. This saves 75.40 every month in maintenance. It costs 22.00 to maintain a tile of bridge, but only 4.80 for a tile of elevated rail. Maintaining the 4-tile bridge costs 88.00, but maintaining 2 tiles of elevated rail and 2 tiles of regular rail cost only 12.60. Now I never build bridges and always build elevated rails.

Offline An_dz

• Web Admin
  • Administrator
  • Helpful: 85
  • D'oh
    • by An_dz
  • Languages: PT, EN, (it, de)
« Reply #336 on: March 14, 2017, 10:31:30 PM »
Very nice. You really worked it out. And it's nice to know that Simutrans can still be compiled on BSD.

Your last bit about the bridge vs. elevated way is a good point for pak maintainers to look at for pakset balancing.

Offline prissi

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Helpful: 226
  • Languages: De,EN,JP
« Reply #337 on: March 17, 2017, 03:59:02 AM »
I wonder about the crashes with network on BSD. Since we use mainly old routines, there should be very little reason for crashes.