News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

How to remove a specific building from a pakset

Started by shi4stone, August 19, 2014, 12:24:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shi4stone

I love the diversity of Pak128, but the shining blue/green high buildings painted by Joker are really not my cup of tea
One or two of them is ok, but seeing a dozens of them in a bigger city is really turning me off.
So I would wish to remove it from the pak, but they seems to be included in building sets pak files. So what is the best way to remove a specific building from it?

Would it impact a saved game?

Combuijs

With makeobj.exe you can split the building sets pak into individual paks (one for each building). Remove the ones you don't want and remove the original collection pak. (You might want to try this out in a copy of your pak directory ...)

Would it impact saved games? Yes, they won't load anymore if they used a building you just removed (I think, it might have a placeholder if you are lucky). You can use the compat.tab file to specify a substitution.

This all is pretty tricky stuff, so maybe you can start a new game of keep your eyes closed when you see a Joker building...
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

gauthier

AS far as I know, pak128 files are already individual so you just have to remove ones you don't want to see.
QuoteYes, they won't load anymore if they used a building you just removed (I think, it might have a placeholder if you are lucky).
Simutrans tries to replace missing objects, doesn't it ? Well, just try, if it doesn't work, put the files back in.

shi4stone

The last time I checked I did not see the joker buildings as individual pak files at least.

--can someone help me with the placement of addon files as well....
I downloaded all SNFOS addons but not yet able to see them in game

Sarlock

Easy, go in to your pak128 folder and remove the following files:

building.COM_00_60.pak
building.COM_01_60.pak

Your addons should be put in to your My Documents/Simutrans/Addons/pak128 folder.  The key is that there needs to be a folder with the pakset name.
Current projects: Pak128 Trees, blender graphics