News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

[devel-new a6879f1a08] Net wealth always 'negative'

Started by MCollett, January 31, 2015, 12:14:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MCollett

The finance window always says 'Net wealth negative', even when it isn't.

jamespetts

I am having some trouble reproducing this; can you be a little more exact about the steps necessary to create this state from a new game?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

MCollett

Quote from: jamespetts on February 04, 2015, 07:15:14 PM
I am having some trouble reproducing this; can you be a little more exact about the steps necessary to create this state from a new game?

With a brand new game, just waste a bunch of money (e.g. buying town properties).  Once your net wealth falls from 250K to about 20K, the finance window shows 'Net wealth negative'.

Anyhow, this is a very trivial thing: I'd much rather you spent your effort on the waypoint and industry capacity issues, which do significantly affect gameplay.

jamespetts

I am currently in the process of reviewing old bug reports. Can I check whether anyone can still reproduce this or whether it should be marked as solved?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

laos

I believe this might be a repro. Net Wealth increased from 110k to 300k and still displays "net wealth negative" but i could be mistaken

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxeK0aHeh-zTeEhBb3VxVVlwR1U/view?usp=sharing

jamespetts

Thank you for the report. The problem appears to be that the text is incorrect - instead of "Net wealth negative", it ought to say "Net wealth low" or "Net wealth near zero". I have now amended the text, so this should not recur.

laos

Quote from: jamespetts on July 08, 2017, 10:54:06 PM
Thank you for the report. The problem appears to be that the text is incorrect - instead of "Net wealth negative", it ought to say "Net wealth low" or "Net wealth near zero". I have now amended the text, so this should not recur.

great, glad you were able to find the root cause.