Just for people who cannot compile themselves and strayed into this topic: there are some compiled packages available here: http://server.exp.simutrans.com/
These as I understand are unofficial, unstable builds that can cause all kinds of disasters from corrupting your save games to killing your hamster to name just few. You have been warned.
Download these files for Windows:
3. Devel-new-builds/ Simutrans-Experimental_160922_41d2457.exe (or a newer one if available)
Unpack archives 1& 2. Copy folder 1 & file 3 into folder 2. Have fun.
From time to time it is good to get a fresh copy because there is heavy development a\. Remember to make a backup of your savegame before using with newer version.
- Error containing too many cityroads something something - search simutrans folder for file deafult.sve or something like that. Then delete it.
- File pthread something .dll missing - get it from here ftp://sourceware.org/pub/pthreads-win32/prebuilt-dll-2-9-1-release/dll/x86/
and put into your simutrans folder
- Severe stomachache, feeling of hunger and dehydration - take a brake from playing - one is not supposed to play for more than 18h without a minimum of 7.4 minute break for a hot meal, some drink and a brief nap (general guidance only - actual performance may vary).
- Thunderstrike hitting you form heavens - you probably forgot to report a bug on the forum...
Please note this works for me - does not mean it will work for everyone as different hardware and software may be a problem.