News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

[develnew bb7283f] Choose signal route problems

Started by Ves, December 03, 2015, 11:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ves

When building a more complex station with stations and drive through platforms, the choose signal sometimes behave strange if the platforms have signals on them (choose or normal signal). Somehow the choose signal books a route (with red reservations) but are still not allowing the train to travel. If you delete the platform underneath the signal at the end of the reservation, the train will proceed.

In the savegame below, the train at the passenger platform tries to navigate through the centermost track to the right. Havent tested it in the newest build since its "out of Bounds" all the time, but I cant read out from the commits that such a thing should have been fixed.
Savegame: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vpww5wylhj5hwe0/Choose%20signal%20route%20problems.sve?dl=0

jamespetts

Apologies for not having spotted this earlier: I missed the post. Can you re-test with the latest fixes to see whether the issue is solved? The latest fix to the crash that you reported fixed an issue with choose signals. Thank you very much for your report.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ves

It doesnt seems fixed. Also there are some more strange things happening in the savegame. Following the instructions underneath demonstrates that:

Using my savegame in first post to demonstrate:
Hold the view at "Debingborough Railway Station", with the passenger train [(46) LBSCR Small Single 2-2-2] waiting.
Fast forward to time: 1874 May 2:44:46, and the good train [(57) LBSCR Standard Goods Engine 0-6-0] will enter the station.
Wait until the good train has loaded (around 7 min)
When it has loaded, the good train will also show [waiting for clearance].

A number of things:
1 - The initial bug: the passenger train wont get the clearance.

2 - The good train [(57) LBSCR Standard Goods Engine 0-6-0] tries to reverse backwards out of the platform. In the savegame there is wrongly a choose signal pointing out to the main line from the station on the platform the good train holds. It should be a normal signal, but the effect are exactly the same if you put a normal signal there instead of the choose signal (before the train arrives).
Anyway, it should not turn around unless its a sackstation.

3 - The good train reserves the track through multiple end of choose signs until the choose signal at its next stop in the schedule.

jamespetts

I am currently reviewing older bug reports, and this one appears to have no obvious resolution. May I ask whether this can still be reproduced?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Ves

I think this bug report is correlated to some of the other choose signal bug reports, and I think it would be safe to remove this thread. I lost many of my old saves, so the map with this might be lost.

edit
found the save, the behavior is still exactly like described, unfortunately.
And to clarify, it is the "(46) LBSCR Small Single 2-2-2" train that will demonstrate the bug.

jamespetts

I am afraid that I am not able to download the saved game linked above as your dropbox seems to have exceeded its limits. (I presume that this is the correct saved game to reproduce this?)

Ves

Oh, how foolish of me!

Here it should be:
http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/Choose_signal_route_problems.sve

I really need to fix that Dropbox! I thought it would solve it self, but apperently not..

jamespetts

I think that I have fixed this; would you be able to re-test? I should be most grateful.

Ves