News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

.blends for new trains?

Started by jamespetts, January 02, 2016, 11:45:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamespetts

I think that we are missing Blender files for the large number of new rail vehicles recently added from the .blends repository - it would be very helpful if they could be e-mailed to me so that I can ad tehm. Also, I think that we are also missing .blends for the GWR pannier tank, GWR prairie tank and GWR 2880 class, although it is possible that I have those in a .zip file at home somewhere (although I thought that I had emptied all the .zip files into the repository). IF anyone has those, it would be very helpful if they could be uploaded somewhere or e-mailed to me for uploading.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

The Hood

It would be better if we had an organised repository with all the blends in one place rather than some in mine and some in yours. The other problem, especially with the trains, is that there are just so many of them I find it hard to find the right one in your repository. How about we set up a new github repository which both you and I can write to (you'll have to explain to me how to do the whole merge/pull etc thing). Have a separate folder for each type of object (like on svn) but with trains further split up by company?

jamespetts

This might be a good idea, although would it not be better for one of us to give write access to the other on one of our existing repositories than to create a new one from scratch? I should add that my repository contains quite a lot of .dae objects (Collada exports that  use for re-using shapes from one model to another), but it seems to me sensible that these be retained so that others may use them.

Edit: We also appear to be missing the .blend files for the S1 class and its tender.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.