News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

[120.1.3] Vehicles not shown in depot

Started by gauthier, February 06, 2016, 04:47:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gauthier

Simutrans 120.1.3 (windows 7, GDI) with pak128 2.6 and addons.

See attached picture: I have two TGV 002 front locs but the game shows 0, when I click on it to start a convoy, the other loc gets shown.
If I reload the savegame, nothing changes. If I restart the game, the bug disappears. It may happen with other trains too. I don't know if it happens with other types of vehicles, I don't monitor buses as well as trains.

The bug was already here in 120.1.2, as it seems to be random I though it was fixed in 120.1.3 at first.

Vladki

I confirm that I have seen that behavior too. It was with pak128.CS and vehicles that had some constraints limiting what can follow or precced those vehicles.

prissi

Ters

Judging from the images alone, the only thing wrong seems to be the presence of two locomotives in the lower image, when only one of them is possible given the (likely) constraints.

If indeed there are two front locomotives, which appears to be identical if the upper image actually shows one of them (not 0, as written) and the lower the other, then why? Perhaps the second locomotive is cheaper because it doesn't have a driver and therefore can only run behind a tail locomotive. If so, then the images are again correct.

But then there is the issue of restarting the game "fixing" things. Since the hiding is controlled by the leftmost checkbox (checked for everything visible, unchecked to filter out unsuitable vehicles), and since the state of this checkbox reverts to some default (for me checked, which it is not in the images), this might be why the vehicles become visible after restarting the game. If so, then this is not a bug, at least not as described.

gauthier

@Prissi: No, it's not in standard pak128. I'm not sure if this bug appears or not with standard trains of pak128 as I mostly use addons.

@Ters:
Quoteshows one of them (not 0, as written)
If there was one, the game should show a "1" next to the loc. That is not the case, it shows nothing, like if there was nothing. Nothing is like "zero". The lower image is right, there are two locs in the depot, the upper one should display "2" next to the loc.

QuotePerhaps the second locomotive is cheaper because it doesn't have a driver
When did standard Simutrans introduced any notion of drivers ?

QuoteSince the hiding is controlled by the leftmost checkbox (checked for everything visible, unchecked to filter out unsuitable vehicles)
I forgot to mention that I tested this with and without "show all", the bug happens with "show all" ticked as well (no front locs shown but cars and rear locs are normally shown).

Ters

Quote from: gauthier on February 07, 2016, 09:00:12 AM
When did standard Simutrans introduced any notion of drivers ?

Simutrans didn't, but the pak author might. The pak might contain two front locomotives with the same images, but slightly different metadata. One has a constraint so that it can only appear at the front, and has a higher running cost because "it has a driver", while the second has a constraint so that it can only appear after the corresponding rear locomotive, and has a lower running cost because "it is controlled from the front front locomotive". If this is the case, checking the show all checkbox should have revealed the presence of both, though.

gauthier

Wow ... didn't think of such an evil feature  :P
Well it's not the case here, so there's actually a bug ;)