News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

[120.1.3] Startup savegame loading bugs

Started by gauthier, February 06, 2016, 04:53:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gauthier

Simutrans 120.1.3 (win7, GDI) with pak128 2.6 and addons

1) The game crashes at startup when attempting to load a savegame containing missing addons. The savegame loads normally with a warning message if loaded after startup.

2) Saving a savegame loaded at startup sets the name of the savegame to save to "temp-load".

Ters

Quote from: gauthier on February 06, 2016, 04:53:42 PM
2) Saving a savegame loaded at startup sets the name of the savegame to save to "temp-load".

That is the name of the automatically saved and loaded game, not a bug.

gauthier

QuoteThat is the name of the automatically saved and loaded game
Thanks, I didn't figure this out myself ...

Call it a bug or not, it's still an unpleasant behaviour. Savegame keeping its name after game restart is expected.

prissi

THe loading of the demo.sve was fixed in a recent nightly.

I could not reproduce the crash on loading completely wrong games (like pak64.german with pak).

Ters

Quote from: gauthier on February 06, 2016, 09:59:08 PM
Call it a bug or not, it's still an unpleasant behaviour. Savegame keeping its name after game restart is expected.

That means that you can't mess up something and exit the game without overwriting your last saved game from before you messed up. It is not uncommon for games to keep autosaved games distinct from manually saved ones, although they usually have more understandable names like "autosave". The same is also true for other programs offering autosaves.

Quote from: prissi on February 06, 2016, 10:47:27 PM
I could not reproduce the crash on loading completely wrong games (like pak64.german with pak).

What if you also delete some of the pak files therein? That would be more similar to the reported case.

prissi

pak64 misses a lot of pak64.german pak files, and it loaded any pak64.german game on startup quite well.