News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Trains do not load, complain about cannot choose.

Started by Vladki, February 14, 2016, 09:34:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vladki

After some time I'm back at truing simutrans-ex. I have compiled the latest devel-new:
git status
On branch devel-new
Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/devel-new'.
nothing to commit, working directory clean

I came across lots of weird stuff, I'll try to separate it into more topics. Here goes the first one. Attached savegame: https://uran.webstep.net/~vladki/simutrans/test2.sve. (latest pak128.britain-ex). Look for colliery and release the train from depot on line 1.

I have connected a coal mine with coal power plant, connected them with rails and started a train with bulk wagons. The train does not load anything. When I set the load to 0% it happily runs all the way there and back - so there is no issue with the weight limits of track and bridges involved. But it complains that it cannot choose the platform. See that at the end station (at power plant), the waypoint is in the middle of platform, and there is no track behind the platform. If I change the waypoint to the end tile, it stops complaining, and starts loading coal. (There are no signals at all, so no choose signals as well).

If you look at the other rail track - sawmill - brewery - grain farm, you'll see that the waypoints are also in the middle of platform, but the track extends beond the platform, and all goes well. No complains, cargo is loaded.

killwater

Yes I had a similar situation. If you rebuild your station it will work though.

jamespetts

I am currently reviewing old bug reports and I notice that this one appears to have no reported resolution. May I ask whether this can still be reproduced?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.