News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

[120.1.3, r7771]Problems in the landscape settings dialog

Started by Takemaro, February 26, 2016, 01:39:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takemaro

I found two problems related to the landscape settings dialog.

First is about a winter snowline setting. The setting should be set as values between -5 and the "alpine climate" value, and surely it almost works as this specification.
But if winter snowline is set as values higher than the "tundra climate," it doesn't works well:

• a game created in these setting, winter snowline seems set as the tundra value.
  • add to this, reopening the dialog before start game the value set is the same as "tundra climate," and can't reset to the proper value. in this case, the tool tip shows the tundra value as upper limit, and it works correct again by changing any other settings once or changing the value to the lower value.
  • I tried creating a game with keep opening landscape dialog, but it still doesn't work.
*I know that winter snowline value is the height above water level.

Second is simpler. States of "No trees" and "lake" check box are not saved to settings.xml while other values are.

I checked these in 120.1.3 stable r7753 and current nightly r7771 with pak64 no addons.

Dwachs

Thanks for the report!

The snowline settings are now handled correctly with r7773. The lake/no tree settings will be saved when the internal savegame version number will be stepped up.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.