Hey guys, I'd like to host a server using the paid service, and I'd like it to be enjoyable for all those who play.
I was wanting to do a map of Britain. I was going to use the largest version of the british isles on the simutrans maps website. I had a few questions
1. What water level should I use with half heights on this map?
2. I notice simutrans games are financially much easier online. What values do people set for costs and maintence/speed bonuses?
3. Speaking of the map, how does one typically go about connecting industries on a map? I want to manually place industries in somewhat realistic set ups, but connecting factories is so laborious. Should I just cross connect all in settings?
4. What are some things I can do to make the server hospitable for everyone?
5. Do people usually set a road toll? It seems arbitrary, but maybe it would encourage people to share infrastructure more. Think about it, maybe players will be willing to spend more money on projects that normally dont make sense if they make a toll from other traffic
I was thinking of posting some rules on the server at the load screen with markers.
1. If youd like a city or industry created or moved, leave a marker here and it will be considered
2. Public roads may be deleted, but towns must stay connected, used stops must remain accessible
3. Violation of rule 2. will result in no more than and no less than the minimum action required by the host to correct the error
4. Build infrastructure with growth in mind
Be on the lookout! I think maybe it should be called "Brexit Strategies"