News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

[develnew 5cd055f] Massive brakingforces...

Started by Ves, June 18, 2016, 09:39:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ves

The new feature with the braking forces reported for each vehicle in a convoy in the details window is very neat, but they are currently all shown as the value of 65535kN. However the added up braking force for the convoy seems sensible.
The unbraked vehicles are correctly reporting 0kN.

jamespetts

That's rather odd - I can't reproduce that. What operating system are you using? I have tried changing the format specifier in the code to see whether that helps. It works for me just as well as it did before. Would you mind re-testing?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ves

No it is still reporting as 65535kN for all vehicles except unbraked ones.

Im using windows 10 and are compiling using MSVS 2015.

jamespetts

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Ves

Im using pak britain, but havent compiled it fresh for a moment (my pakset is compiled 26/5). Do you think I would need to recompile it with a fresh makeobj?

jamespetts

It might be worth having a go to eliminate any issues. I am not sure why I cannot reproduce this.

DrSuperGood

What are you compiling exactly? Might be good to link the revision in case there is some confusion.

65535 is 0xFFFF (or 0XFFFFFFFF if a 16 bit precision fixed point) so it is not some random number. It is possible this is the result of a mathematics error (0 - 1) or that it is using unallocated memory. Debugging and seeing where the values come from during loading might help.

Ves

After recompiling a fresh pakset with a fresh makeobj, the numbers seems to be represented correctly! :thumbsup: