News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Missing Objects Replaced

Started by babingah01, August 06, 2016, 04:07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

babingah01

Hi All,

I've loaded an old save file (pak128 from early 2014) into my game and simutrans has replaced quite a few missing objects. Unfortunatly it has done some really annoying things such as replacing the elevated highways with non-elevated roads. These are now just hanging in the air. What I would like to do is specify which way types they are replaced with. Is there a way to do this?

If this is impossible, does anybody know where I could find add-ons for the following (particually the elevated highway as that is the most annoying replacement:
Highway tunnel, Regular wooden sleeper track, Express track, Enhanced express track, Old wooden sleeper track, Highway, Asphalted street, Asphalted road, Modern asphalted road, Highway bridge, Road bridge, Modern road bridge, Wooden sleeper track bridge, Express track bridge, Concrete bridge for enhanced express track, Modern steel bridge foor freight track, Elevated highway, and Freight track.

Many Thanks

Frank

The replacements are stored compat.tab in. ( Set folder )

old object
new object

babingah01

I see that file and have added this to the end of it. It has no affect. I've also tryed a few variations such as Elevated_highway or elevated highway.

###########################  AHB Additions ####################################
Elevated highway
Highway_110_Elevated
#

Frank

You must specify the internal object names.

babingah01

Oh I see now. There is an english (code) - english (normal) translation file. It all works now. Thank you.  ;D ;D ;D

Ters

Quote from: babingah01 on August 06, 2016, 06:28:15 PM
Oh I see now. There is an english (code) - english (normal) translation file. It all works now. Thank you.  ;D ;D ;D

The code is not English. Sometimes it looks like English, sometimes it looks like German, sometimes it may look like other languages perhaps, sometimes it looks like nothing more than a code. How much of it is reflected in the various translations depends on how much imagination the respective translators had.