After 2 or 3 dozen hours long games and picking up here and there tips and advice, I may be a little positive operation profit (yea !).
Trouble is, most of the time, industry a far from existing road, and I have problem evaluating the good oportunity before I test it.
So, for the very first line:
- try to find something not
- look at goods rentability (shift G)
- send the first truck to work
- evaluate truck operation cost
So far, so good, with finances (F) I can tell how many trucks I need before my operation profit is positive, since
- maintenance stays the same
- after a run with very first truck, I know how much benefit I will get
- I can monitor all of this with finances (mounthly)
All of this on a 1024*1024 map with latest pak 128 (coal to a glass maker, sand, they do work).
Now, the second line, I can guess what the costs are, not so the profit, as it fluctuate for the first line.
And when I start adding passagers busses, hello nightmare. The breakdown line by line is too complicated.
I end up trying to connect inductry to town workers (work ok, but as far as making money ?)
Trying to connect cities (big failure).
But my main concern is : how do i get a nice finance resumé line by line?
- operational profit