News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

[Devel-new2 bded9b] - Trains ignoring choose signals

Started by Ves, September 12, 2016, 12:59:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ves

Ive finally managed to capture an example of a train ignoring a choose signal. It was quite tricky to catch, since it would not concistently reproduce it self upon reloading the savegames. But in this savegame, I think it reproduces consistently.
Wait on the station till the brown Se_Xoa7 comes to an halt. It will wait to leave at a red light and in the meantime a new train (Se_X14A) approaches from behind, driving to the occupied platform. In this specific example it will not cause a deadlock since both trains drive the same direction, but it can as well happen to two trains going the opposite direction, causing a deadlock.

http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/bug_Trains_ignoring_choose_signal.sve
Again, using the swedish pakset from the servergame

jamespetts

I am afraid that I have not been able to reproduce this. It also takes a long time before Xoa7 gets to the station that is in focus when the game is loaded; are you sure that I have the correct saved game here?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ves

That is strange, I will have a check when I get home tonight!

edit:
You are indeed right, I must have messed up the savegame, because the trains I mention have already left the scene...
Now I am struggling heavily to capture a new deadlock! I will scream out loud when I do...

edit2:

NOW, here it should go:
http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/Bug_Not_changing_working_method_on_the_fly_.version_2.sve
You need to do the following steps in order to reproduce:

* When the savegame opens, I have just resolved a similar deadlock by sending the blue X14A the other direction
* When that train is gone, use the block reserver tool to resolve the reservation underneath the brown Xoa7
* Wait until the Ra start to move (possibly after the Y1 has moved too, it does different on each load)
* The trains will now stand still and get nowhere!

You will probably get some pakset errors, I have made some corrections to some names.
The (yet incomplete) compat.tab is written out below:

################################### compat.tab #################################
# The obsolete objects will be replaced by the one in the next line           #
#                                                                              #
#
#                                                                              #
################################ Signals #################################
#
# Track circuit block signals:
Se_TCB_2
Se_TCB_2_1970
Se_TCB_3
Se_TCB_3_1970
Se_TCB_2_cho
Se_TCB_2_cho_1970
Se_TCB_3_cho
Se_TCB_3_cho_1970
Se_TCB_2_old
Se_TCB_2_1920
Se_TCB_3_old
Se_TCB_3_1920
Se_TCB_Dist
Se_TCB_Dist_1920
#
# Semaphores:
Se_MSD_T-sem_1850
Se_MSD_1850_T-sem
Se_T-signal_test_absolute-block
Se_MSU_1900_T-sem

Also, you might need the new absolute block T-signal as that is featured on the map as well.
The signals around the problem, however, should work

jamespetts

I am currently reviewing old bug reports and I notice that this one appears to have no reported resolution. May I ask whether this can still be reproduced?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Vladki

I can see trains passing choose signals that show danger in the "British sandbox" server game.

jamespetts

May I ask where and when this occurs? Thank you for checking.

Vladki

I think it is similar situation to http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=15765.0

It all applies to 3-aspect choose signals. Weirdness appears when the train is not scheduled to stop in the station ahead of choose signal, and the path out of the station is blocked. In that case, the train should enter the station (choose signal at caution).

But what really happens is, that the signal stays at danger, but the train passes through, not making any reservation to next signal. See http://server.exp.simutrans.com/screenshots/simscr20.jpg the tank train on top left is just about to drive through danger (and it really did).

It was followed by DMU, which did the same - I have captured more screenshots: 21- 23. Notice that as it approached the next signal one tile of reservation just in front of signal appeared.

The next train (shot: 24) was lucky, and got his reservation through the station - choose signal correctly shows clear+alt route, but look at the right side - signal ahead of DMU is also at clear, although the DMU is waiting for clearance.

Further on (shot: 25), another DMU came, but this time it got clearance to enter the station, just the choose signal was showing clear instead of caution. But the reservation was OK. However it was errorneously change to clear+alt, when reservation through the station was granted. (shot: 26)

jamespetts

Thank you for the detail in relation to this. Are you able to upload a saved game in which this can easily be reproduced? I am not sure from which specific saved game that the screenshots are taken: they appear to be in May 2156, whereas the saved game from the other bug report to which you linked comes from November of that year, so the situation to which the screenshots refer cannot easily be reproduced.

Vladki

Got one. http://server.exp.simutrans.com/debug-saves/choose-ignored.sve
Fast forward to 5:31 and the situation on this screenshot should happen

The train with steel passes a choose signal at danger. Corresponding distant signal is clear.

Junna

Like Vladki I still have occasional experiences where they will ignore chose signals and deadlock like this as well.

jamespetts

I think that I have managed to fix this; I should be grateful if anyone could confirm whether this is now working.

Ves

My own savegame seems to have gotten lost, but I tried Vladkis savegame and so far I can see, it appears to be fixed (no deadlocks arize).

Vladki