Author Topic: pak128.Sweden-Ex Screenshots  (Read 2345 times)

Offline Ves

pak128.Sweden-Ex Screenshots
« on: September 14, 2016, 10:09:02 AM »
This thread will show what this pakset looks like for those that have not been to the swedish board.
Currently it is a snapshot of previously showed screenshots, have not had time to make new screenshots just yet!

Steam engine littera A pulling three cars

A Freight yard featuring the littera Ma and a bunch of freight cars with clipping errors...

How I imagine the forrest "factory" would produce threes. The house is the "factory" it self and all the brown tiles are coded as fields. The point being that they will occupy more tiles as the factory grows bigger.

Littera Y1

Littera X40

The "R" family

I have made these buildings out of 1 tile blocks, which has been put together in the dat-file. This has the advantage of beeing very flexible and modular, and the disadvantage that it is a pain to code the dat-file.

Some Emu's from different ages

I made some experiment with player colors on some of the Emu's. The lower most track features the actual paintscheme without player colors.

The Dm3 can haul an incredible amount of cars

The Rc locos having a bunch of cars from the 1960ies

Ending up this post with the freshest picture at the moment: Alpha blendings on the signals facing away.
Also, you can see the placement of the Devel-new version signals.

If you have any screenshot, dont hesitate to share!

Edit:
Changed server to Isaacs server (thanks Isaac!)
Edit:
Changed to flickr
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 01:44:47 PM by Ves »

Offline jamespetts

• Simitrans-Extended project coordinator
  • Helpful: 174
  • Cake baker
    • Bridgewater-Brunel
  • Languages: EN
Re: pak128.Sweden-Ex Screenshots
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 11:56:11 AM »
I see that we now have a Swedish pakset board - excellent!

Unfortunately, however, the screenshots do not seem to work for me.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Offline Ves

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2016, 12:18:07 PM »
Yes, that is excellent! :)
I get grey hair from that picture issue. I just started using Imgur, but I read online that other people also are having issues with pictures not showing up. I will see what else is out there.

edit: Out of interrest, can anybody else see the pictures?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 12:32:11 PM by Ves »

Offline Spenk009

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2016, 02:05:35 PM »
The screenshots are visible on Firefox (Android) and very pretty.

Offline jamespetts

• Cake baker
    • Bridgewater-Brunel
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2016, 02:14:11 PM »
I can see them if I copy and paste the URLs manually - perhaps you could provide a link as well as the embedded image so that those having problems can see them?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Offline fam621

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2016, 08:20:55 PM »
How nice! WHY CANT PAK128.BRITAIN-EX-0.9.2 HAVE SOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EVEN A CAR PARK! XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Offline Ves

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2016, 09:00:22 PM »
I'm glad you like them :)
If you want any of this, you can grab from the sources (they are linked somewhere in this forum) and compile your own versions to use with the British pakset, alternatively use the individual pak files from the already compiled pakset, existing on the server.exp.simutrans.com. Note that nothing is balanced and you would have to do some datfile editing.

If this picture problem refuses to resolve, I will put a link under each picture as well. Strange it works for some and not for others!

A picture of one of the new T-signals in a snowy landscape

And another T-signal, this one is the Absolute block working method being tested

edit:
Changed server
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 01:44:08 PM by Ves »

Offline Ves

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2016, 12:32:02 PM »
For those that struggles to see the files from imgur, this thread have some solutions you might try:

Edit:
I have changed the server to the one Isaac provides, big thank you to you! :)

And another picture to celebrate:

A bunch of commercial cars. This picture also has been presented before, but I accidentally uploaded it to the server, so I might as well just add it here :)
The commercial cars are the one on the right track and are modelled after real world cars. The train on the left track hold the same car in "unpainted" condition.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 01:46:00 PM by Ves »

Offline Ves

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2016, 05:04:35 PM »
The X60:

X60: In traffic from the year 2005 and a popular short range commuter train. The train is configurable to have a minimum of 4 cars, to a maximum of 6 cars.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 01:46:49 PM by Ves »

Offline Ves

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2017, 12:43:19 AM »
Since there need to be some signal boxes around to house the crew that operates the old signals, some houses where needed. But the houses that resembles a signal box, looks in fact like normal houses normal people would live in, demanding some consideration of how to approach painting houses in general. I had painted some houses in the past, but I am not completely sure about them in terms of scale and style. The new houses are approx 18 meters pr tile, and I think it looks ok compared to the enviroment.

I looked at the simplest houses that I could think of and made some variations of them, one wood (red with white borders, of corse!) and one in brick with some ornamentation on it:

The two L-shaped brick houses at the bottom is the same house, turned 90 degrees.

What do you think of the scale, does it work?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 01:48:30 PM by Ves »

Offline Vladki

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2017, 07:46:18 AM »
These are really nice. I don't remember what scale was decided for trains, anyway this looks OK. Might be worth trying one house in other scale to compare?

Offline Ves

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2017, 08:42:55 AM »
Thanks!
The trains are around 24 meter or tile, for comparison.

Offline Ves

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2017, 10:54:48 PM »
Work is going slowly forward, its easy to take too much water over ones head!

But, some new signal boxes are made, even featuring alphablending on the roof!

These are all mechanical signal boxes. They might still get some details added, like ground patterns or other ground material so it doenst look so bare.

The two lower ones are outdoor turning handles, only capable of handling mechanical semaphores.
The two upper ones have indoor vertical handles, and can therefore support signals further away. They are also able to support electricity to daylight signals, although no track circuit block is possible.
The red/yellow sign on the daylight signals is a fictive sign that shows that they are absolute block signals. Also, the distant signal has gotten some details added, but its difficult to see on the image
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 01:50:14 PM by Ves »

Offline fam621

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2017, 11:12:50 PM »
Noice.

Offline Vladki

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2017, 09:57:14 PM »
Very nice. I really like the mechanical distant signal, with the big pulley at the bottom.

Offline Ves

« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2017, 10:58:31 PM »
Thanks!
I would like to add some small details to more signals at some point!

Incidentally, the red/yellow sign on the daylight absolute block signal has been made very much smaller, since it felt too wrong having such a big fictive sign being so visually demanding.
Have no screenshot yet though.

Offline Ves

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2017, 07:22:04 PM »
Oh, time is passing on, but I have made some additions lately:

First the signal package has become quite big, now featuring semaphores with big pulley wheels as well as newer smaller electrical equipment:

Also, freshly painted is an old Ao1 from the year 1908:

Since the previous server.exp.simutrans.com was closed down, I have also moved the pictures to a flickr acount.

Offline jamespetts

• Cake baker
    • Bridgewater-Brunel
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2017, 07:49:37 PM »
How lovely! Can you post a link to the Flickr account? It would be good to post a link to it on the Simutrans-Extended Facebook group.

Offline Ves

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2017, 07:54:30 PM »

Offline jamespetts

• Cake baker
    • Bridgewater-Brunel
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2017, 08:02:16 PM »
Splendid, thank you!

Offline Ves

« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2017, 10:19:23 PM »
When you first get started doing these cars, its only a matter of changing the color and windows, and vupti, you have a new car!  :)

A(II) - is hauling with an A-tender, from beginning of the 1900
G4 - Small good car from around 1880
Ao1 - first class car from 1908
Bo3 - second class car from 1902
Co1 - third class car from 1896

I think I got the colors more or less right.

Will soon have to start programing the classes accordingly..