News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Changing km/tile value

Started by killwater, December 16, 2016, 09:32:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

killwater

Hello
I would like to play with a setting 45m/tile. Unfortunately I cannot find the setting. I plan to play the precompiled experimental and pak128ex. Will it brake the balance (especially physics? as I will be mostly playing with public player, but I do not want the buses to crawl up the hills)?

jamespetts

The setting is meters_per_tile = 125 (where 125 is the default value which can be changed). Changing the meters_per_tile value will indeed affect the balance in many ways (e.g. with respect to passenger generation), so do this with caution (although I do not think that it should affect physics, save that vehicles will take more tiles in which to accelerate, as the acceleration is calibrated by meters).

Note that this setting can only be changed for new games, and cannot be changed once a game has been started.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Vladki

Is there a way to find the setting for current game. E.g. if I find some old savegame and want to play it?

jamespetts

To display the current scale value, go to the minimap and select "Show map scale".

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

killwater

Thank you for the information. I did not however anticipated how huge task is making a 'realistic' map. Creating the rivers, lakes and sea would take tens of hours by itself.

jamespetts

Quote from: killwater on December 19, 2016, 10:34:39 PM
Thank you for the information. I did not however anticipated how huge task is making a 'realistic' map. Creating the rivers, lakes and sea would take tens of hours by itself.

Yes - sadly, the in-built river system does not work very well with heightmaps so as to put rivers in sensible places.