News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

cannot resize window [f49e8a1]

Started by Vladki, January 25, 2017, 10:03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vladki

Hello,

with the latest Linux 64-bit (SDL) build I cannot resize game window. If i do, it stays black forever, and the game has to be killed with kill -9

Debug output has nothing unusual:
expose: x=708, y=560
textur_resize()::screen=0x2444f50
expose: x=729, y=560
textur_resize()::screen=0x2444f50

jamespetts

That is very odd. It will be difficult for me to track this down as my main development machine runs Windows. Can you try compiling it in SDL2 instead to see whether this helps?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Vladki

I have tried SDL 1 and 2 with latest commit 3071c0355287...
SDL1 - hangs (same as previous commit)
SDL2 - handful of different errors:
a) segfault
b) *** Error in `/home/vladki/simutrans/simutrans-experimental': double free or corruption (!prev): 0x0000000000e122c0 ***
c) simutrans-experimental: malloc.c:3524: _int_malloc: Assertion `(bck->bk->size & 0x4) == 0' failed.
Moreover SDL2 is really ugly, compare the screenshots:

jamespetts

It is difficult for me to test this, but I have updated the SDL and SDL2 code to match the latest code in Standard. Are you able to test this? I should be most grateful.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Vladki

jamespetts

Excellent - glad that this worked. Thanks goes  to the Standard developers, too, of course, for writing the code that I incorporated.