News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Behavior of road cost

Started by jomoyama, February 16, 2017, 06:04:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jomoyama

It seems that some expencive roads give player money when player lay roads.

I use Extended and pak128.britain-ex-nightly.tar.gz of 16.2.2017 http://bridgewater-brunel.me.uk/downloads/nightly/windows/ 

Additional notes:
Sorry, I noticed that these paks work normally in new game,except only a road pak I compiled.
This is only when I loaded old demo game.

jamespetts

Can I  clarify: you can only reproduce this when you compiled your own pakset and used this pakset to load the demo game?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

jomoyama

Thank you for your reply.

Now I only know that
・when the demo game of pak128.britain, (it is wrong that I wrote "old", the demo is included in latest pak128.britain) loaded, the road cost was wrong value.
・in the new game, 128.britain's roads works normally, but the road that I compiled (cost=5000.00¢ in game) didn't work normally(wrong cost value).

・in my environment based on pak128.Japan, the road(cost=655.35¢) seems to be working properly, but the road(5000.00¢) doesn't work.

・when I opened the paks by binary editor, each paks have their own correct cost value.

I uploaded on google drive
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By6OmsbfL5FmTklCdVhYT1UxUlE

jamespetts

I am not sure what you mean by "the road I compiled road" - can you elaborate? Do you mean that this is an object that you have created yourself using .dat and .png files and makeobj? If so, are you sure that you are using the correct version of makeobj?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

jomoyama

Yes, I used makeobj-extended of 16/2/2017, but this phenomenon was confirmed in other previous versions (not so old, I noticed in early or mid January at the latest) of "experimental" and "makeobj-ex".

Sorry for my poor English.

jamespetts

Can you upload the .dat and .png files that you used to compile the road so that I can test with my version of Makeobj? I should be most grateful.

jamespetts

I am afraid that I cannot reproduce this using your .dat and .png files and compiling the pakset locally. Do you get the same behaviour when you compile any other .dat files (for example, those from Pak128.Britain-Ex) using that version of Makeobj?

Edit: Actually, I have now found the problem, which is with the code for the main executable, not makeobj or the .dat files. Sorry that you have had trouble; this should be fixed in the next nightly build.