Author Topic: Server listing is down?  (Read 317 times)

Offline AP

Server listing is down?
« on: February 25, 2017, 10:49:56 AM »
It looks like the Server Listings page is down today?

Offline prissi

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Helpful: 226
  • Languages: De,EN,JP
Re: Server listing is down?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 11:22:41 AM »
Yes, the server restarted on its own six hours ago. I just returned and staretd the svn and simlist again. Thanks for reporting.

Offline NineTook

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 08:29:25 AM »
Has it been down again since two days ago?
I'm using Google translation. It's better than my English:/
Please understand:)

Offline prissi

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Helpful: 226
  • Languages: De,EN,JP
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 02:38:44 PM »
The uptime was just now 9h 30 min, so it restarted at least then. Please PM me, when you noticed that the list server ist down.

EDIT: There server is up, but I cannot get a response. However, I can connect to the SVN. Maybe node.fs did not liked the last upgrade. I will investigate tomorrow, as midnight has already passed here.

EDIT2:
The last node.ls update (or server update) barred port 80 for unknown reason. It now answers again, but it main no recieve any announcements. Still working on it.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 11:42:38 PM by prissi »

Offline Taurus

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2017, 08:18:26 PM »
For me and a friend of mine playing on the same Server it is having a strange effect. Every time the announce server is down there is the issue that we cant build or buy anything. We can view any info on trains or other things. Using rr7974 ST Version: 120.1.4

Offline DrSuperGood

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2017, 10:03:52 PM »
For me and a friend of mine playing on the same Server it is having a strange effect. Every time the announce server is down there is the issue that we cant build or buy anything. We can view any info on trains or other things. Using rr7974 ST Version: 120.1.4
Could be because the server is frozen trying to connect to the announce server. This should take 15-60 seconds to time out.

Had this happen when I was IP banned. Instead of returning a connection refused or some kind of sane error back, it instead discards all packets and forces the connection to time out. Trying to connect to google or any blocked service in China has the same problem as their great firewall just discards packets instead of correctly returning an error packet.

This is why TCP communications need their own threads, or to use a "future" style interface.