Author Topic: [devel r82923e3] weird passenger desire locations appearing in large maps  (Read 392 times)

Offline laos

When I'm watching each city's desired passenger locations each month and I'm seeing very strange locations appear (in the water, etc.) - is this correct? Trying to figure out how I can play profitably in such a large map given these variables. Let me know if I am misunderstanding something, or if you need other information!

http://i.imgur.com/TWzS76a.png

(alternative link since I know James cannot view imgur) http://happy.lanukah.com/nextcloud/index.php/s/gnZR5RB5eKcVQUq

Offline jamespetts

• Simitrans-Extended project coordinator
  • Helpful: 143
  • Cake baker
    • Bridgewater-Brunel
  • Languages: EN
Re: [devel r82923e3] weird passenger desire locations appearing in large maps
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 01:20:16 AM »
Is there by any chance an industry (e.g. an oil rig or fishery) at that location?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Offline laos

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 01:34:07 AM »
nope! sadly empty spot on the map whether land or sea - not even a nearby fishery/abbey for employment/visit

Offline jamespetts

• Cake baker
    • Bridgewater-Brunel
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 01:31:26 PM »
I see - may I ask whether you have rotated the map at all? Knowing whether you have done so will help me to narrow down where to look for the potential cause of this issue.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Offline laos

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2017, 03:38:23 AM »
I have not rotated the map and this issue still appears. It's also noteworthy that these dots are also very, very far away, a distance perhaps impossible to comfortably bring passengers to/from on a map this big (2500x3000)

Offline Junna

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2017, 12:50:55 PM »
How do I even see those destinations, I can't see anything on those maps in my game? There's no way to control anything on them or scale them separately.

Offline jamespetts

• Cake baker
    • Bridgewater-Brunel
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2017, 03:12:11 PM »
You can use the passenger destinations overlay in the minimap: just select the town hall of the town the destination of whose passengers you want view.

Offline laos

Hey James, any chance a recent nightly might have any improvement on this issue?

Offline jamespetts

• Cake baker
    • Bridgewater-Brunel
I have not had a chance to look into this one yet, as I have been busy fixing other bugs.

Offline jamespetts

• Cake baker
    • Bridgewater-Brunel
I have now spent some time looking into this, and cannot reproduce it: I have added an assertion to check the registration of passenger destinations to see whether they are on water other than a depot or a stop (as some passengers actually work at docks and shipyards and have those as their ultimate destinations). I have not been able to trigger this assertion. Are you able to upload a saved game in which this can reliably be reproduced (i.e. passengers having the sea, being not a dock or shipyard, as their destination)?