News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

[Gui] transparency in the status bar.

Started by Yona-TYT, April 04, 2017, 09:36:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yona-TYT

I have problems to make contrast with the player colors, I do not know if it is possible, but I would like to use transparenaca in the status bar to solve this.

Leartin

Is there even game behind the status bar? I'd think that it can't be transparent, since it's outside the playing field.

Wouldn't it be better if one could choose in the theme which of the eight player colors should be used? I think currently it's one of the darker shades, expecting a bright background, since it's a dark background, it should be a brighter shade.

Ters

Even if there was a world behind the status bar, you would then get contrast issues with whatever is behind the status bar. That is why most subtitles on television and in movies have a contrasting outline around the text, if it is not displaying the text on a solid colored rectangle. It is a better to ensure that the colors for the text and the status bar have the right contrast, because they are controllable. At least so long as Simutrans can't do font outlines.

prissi

There is nothing behind it, that is left empty. A transparent color would also not work with the scrolling ...