News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

Changing stations/stops?

Started by fuzion_051, August 23, 2008, 05:08:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fuzion_051

I've had this certain airport in a city of mine which is used by passengers. Recently, I've built a newer one much nearer to the city.

How can I transfer the waiting passengers from the older airport to the newer one? I saw the 'replace stop' tool on the game but I can't figure out how to use it.

How about the planes that fly to the old one, would I need to manually edit their schedule to land to the new one?

thanks..

yoshi

You can use the "replace stop" tool to edit the plane schedules. Just click on the old airport, then the new one. Then the schedules of all the airplanes using the old airport will be changed to use the new one.

If the air route to the old airport dissappears, the waiting passengers there will go to the new one, given that there is a passenger route between the airports.

fuzion_051

How long would it take before the people and the planes would use the new one? It's been a month in the game but the planes are still using the old one.

Combuijs

It probably should not take that much time. The schedule of the planes should be accurate though. What does it say?

As far as I know when leaving the airport the plane calculates the route it should fly. As nothing can stop them on their way (no break up of track or road, no signals used), there is nothing that forces a recalculation of the route. It might even land on the old airport if it's still there. But then at last route calcalutation should take over and enforce the new schedule. Normally this procedure does not last a month, unless you have very long flights. So this is either a bug, or you did something wrong with the replace stop tool. But the plane schedule can tell you that.

Good luck!
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

fuzion_051

I checked the schedules of the planes and they still fly to the old airport.  :-\

prissi

Then you probably clicked on many tiles as target tiles, instead only one. You used the right tool?

whoami

AFAICT, the stop moving tool works tile-wise (exception: train platforms). You have to move from one plane halt tile to another, just clicking on airports is not enough.

fuzion_051

uhhm..what do you mean by that?

Combuijs

If your old airport had more than one stopping place for planes, then you have to replace every stopping place to the new airport. Not just one. With train stops you can move whole platforms at once, but on an airport every stop is independent of each other, so you must move all of them.
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

fuzion_051

Is this what I should do?

This is the picture of the old airport (Kai Tak) and it has 8 stops for planes

This is the picture of the new airport (Chek Lap Kok) and it has 14 stops for planes

Should  I use the replace stop tool for each of the 8 stops on Kai Tak and replace each of them (the 8 stops) with all the 14 stops of the new one?

isidoro

If I remember it right, for roads the replace tool works tile-wise. For trains, platform-wise and for planes, station-wise.  Therefore, clicking on any of the origin stop tiles and on any of the destination stop tiles should suffice.