News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

Simutrans-Extended compatible paksets

Started by jamespetts, May 25, 2009, 04:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamespetts

Any pakset that works with Simutrans-Standard will work with Simutrans-Extended. However, Simutrans-Extended has a number of features that can only be used fully when a pakset made specially for Simutrans-Extended is used.

Features that require a compatible pakset

See here for a full explanation of all the new features of Simutrans-Extended.

• Comfort ratings (Simutrans-Standard vehicles all have a default comfort rating of 100)
  • Catering/travelling post offices (Simutrans-Standard vehicles have no catering or travelling post office settings)
  • Industrial obsolescence (Although Makeobj-Standard can compile industries with retirement dates, these are unlikely to be set up optimally for use in Simutrans-Experimental)
  • Tilting trains (In Simutrans-Standard paksets, there are no tilting trains.)
  • Fixed maintenance costs (In Simutrans-Standard paksets, the fixed maintenance costs all have a default setting of 0)
  • Weight limits on bridges and tunnels (In Simutrans-Standard paksets, plain ways (roads, tracks, etc.) may have weight limits, but bridges and tunnels will not have weight limits.)
  • Way constraints (In Simutrans-Standard paksets, there are no way constraints)
  • Reversing (In Simutrans-Standard paksets, all vehicles are, by default, not reversible, and cannot lead from the rear of a convoy)
  • Overcrowded vehicles (In Simutrans-Standard paksets, no vehicles have an overcrowded (standing) capacity)
  • Loading times (In Simutrans-Standard paksets, all vehicles have a default loading time, which varies with the type of vehicle (i.e, whether it is a railway train, road vehicle, aircraft, etc.). Thus, the feature is, as of version 3.12 or later, partially used in Simutrans-Standard paksets. As of version 10.0, loading times can be set in seconds, and a minimum and maximum set, the actual loading time between the two values depending on the number/amount of passengers/goods boarding/alighting at the relevant stop(s))
  • Vehicle upgrading (In Simutrans-Standard paksets, it is not possible to upgrade any vehicles)
  • Tractive effort(In Simutrans-Standard, there is no tractive effort setting for vehicles; a calculated/guessed value is used when loading Standard paksets)
  • Traction types for depots (In Simutrans-Standard, any depots can build vehicles of all traction types)
  • Liveries (In Simutrans-Standard, all vehicles have only one livery)
  • Airport control towers (In Simutrans-Standard, airports can be built without control towers - this applies by default in Experimental unless otherwise set in simuconf.tab)
  • Minimum runway length(In Simutrans-Standard, any aircraft can land at any airport, no matter how short the runway)
  • Fare stages (In Simutrans-Standard, the per kilometre revenue is constant for all total distances)
All other features can work fully without a compatible pakset, although may required modified configuration files. Example modified configuration files can be downloaded here.

Note: The above list is no longer maintained and is incomplete. However, most current paksets for Simutrans-Extended have been developed specifically for Simutrans-Extended and make as full a use of the game's features as their authors intend.

List of compatible paksets (current)

Pak128.Britain-Ex
Type: Simutrans-Experimental version of full pakset
Availability: Version 0.9.1 available here.
Source availability: Sources available on Github here under the Artistic Licence.
For more information: See the Pak128.Britain-Ex subforum.
Information last updated: 30th of December 2019

Pak128.Sweden-Ex
Type: Complete original pakset
Availability: Sources only
Sources availability: Sources available on Github here under the Artistic Licence.
For more information: See the pakset subforum.

Pak256.Ex
Type: Complete original pakset (based on Japan)
Availability: Compiled binaries only
Sources availability: Not currently available
For more information: See the pakset subforum.

Pak192.Comic
Type: Simutrans-Extended conversion of Standard pakset (note: this is not the same as the older Pak192.Comic-Experimental of 2009).
Availability: Sources only
Source availability: Github here.
Features implemented: Information currently not available.
For more information: See the subforum
Information last updated: 11th of January 2020

(Archives)

pak64.Exp
Type :Complete pakset (branch of pak64, which is an open source Simutrans-Standard pakset)
Availability: No longer available (was here).
Source availability: Sources are available here.
Features implemented: (1) upgrading, (2) comfort ratings, (3) tilting trains; and (4) reversing.
For more information: See the subforum.
Information last updated: 13th of November 2012

Pak.german-exp
Type: Complete pakset (continuation of the development of the original Pak.German, which was a Simutrans-Standard pakset)
AvailabilityNo longer available (was here) (see here for information).
Source availability: Sources are thought to be available see here for information.
Features implemented: (1) comfort ratings; (2) tilting trains; (3) reversing; (4) fixed costs; and (5) full weight limits. (More is planned for future releases)
For more information: See the subforum.
Information last updated: 25th of September 2011

Pak64.19th Century.Experimental
Type: Simutrans-Experimental compatible addon for a standard pakset (Pak64). Requires Pak64 to run.
Availability: Download it here (see here for the older version for Simutrans-Experimental 7.0 and earlier).
Source availability: Sources are available here under the Artistic Licence.
Features implemented: (1) comfort ratings; (2) catering; (3) travelling post offices; (4) overcrowded vehicles; (5) loading times; and (6) tractive effort.
For more information: See the forum thread
Information last updated: 19th of December 2009

Pak192.Comic.Experimental
Type: Simutrans-Extended version of full pakset
Availability: No longer available
Source availability: Closed-source
Features implemented: (1) comfort ratings; (2) catering; (3) travelling post offices; (4) overcrowded vehicles; and (5) tilting trains.
For more information: See the official website
Information last updated: 25th of May 2009

Information for pakset authors

Any pakset author with a Simutrans-Extended compatible pakset available or in production should contact me to have the pakset added to this thread, or have the information updated, as the case may be. I should also very much appreciate official screenshots from pakset authors illustrating their paksets (one or two thumbnail-sized screenshots, hosted offsite, optionally linking when clicked to a full-sized screenshot) to illustrate this thread. For more information on how to create Simutrans-Extended compatible paksets, see here.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

AvG

Hi James,
Yesterday I discovered the archived Simutrans forum.
There I saw the name for my old stuff, namely Dutch Reality Connection.(DRC)
I think that is better than REAL-ECO-1900.
From now on my project-name will be Simutrans-EXP-DRC.

Please advise me where to start a new thread for DRC.

AvG
Ad van Gerwen

Frank

Quote...
Pak192.Comic.Experimental
Type: Simutrans-Experimental version of full pakset
Availability: Download it here (Find the "experimental" setting in the download menu).

actual page not show this

jamespetts

Frank,

hmm - I'm not quite sure what has happened to Pak192.Comic-Experimental. Does anyone have any idea...?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

jonasbb

In the last month was it still about pak192.comic.
And I think pak192.comic-experimantal was just a try to use some of the ST-Ex features.

mopoona

The first Version of the pak.german-exp scenario for Simutrans Experimental is now available for download.

http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=6036.0
Greetings from Düsseldorf

jamespetts

Pak.German-Exp now added to the list - thank you for creating this!

jamespetts

I notice that this topic is now somewhat out of date - I shall update it properly when I get a moment!

jamespetts

Updated with new information for Pak128.Britain-Ex, a new pakset (Pak64.Experimental), and a few miscellaneous changes.

Carl

Thanks for including pak64.experimental here! Just to note that it now includes the following Experimental-specific features in addition to those you've mentioned above:

-- Catering
-- Industrial obsolescence and upgrading
-- Overcrowding
-- Way Constraints
-- Min/Max loading times
-- Fixed maintenance costs

shi4stone

Hi,

I having been playing simutrans-experimental + Britain ex pack almost continuously for a few weeks. Really enjoy it. But now I wish to try a different pack for a change, and comic 96 looks really attractive to me. However when I try to run it with experimental, I got the fatal error, string size larger than allowed message. It's really frustrating. I know I can play comic 96 with standard, but now I am so used to the scheduling and the scale in experimental, I felt really difficult to go back to standard...

As I understand all pakset are supposed to be able run in experiemental even if they do not fullly utilize all its feature. Then how come this happens?

B.R.
Stone

jamespetts

Welcome to the forum, and sorry that you are having trouble. The difficulty is probably caused by the fact that the latest version of Pak96.Comic is compiled for a more recent version of Standard than the version on which the latest released version of Experimental - 10.27 - was based. The latest release candidate for Experimental (download here) was based on a much more recent version of Standard, and so should work with the latest version of Pak96.Comic.

jamespetts

Edited for the release of Simutrans-Experimental 11.0 and Pak128.Britain-Ex 0.9.0