Prissi, a few questions:
- are there reasons not to go for 256 tilesize, if a pak would be mostly built from scratch?
- In 3d larger textures are less of a problem than the number of textures, how's it with the tile based 2d renderer used in simutrans?
- When taking objects from 128 paks, could they be scaled up them as placeholders?
- For a US pak it would be nice to have the climate of a tile not only based on it's height, but also have a climate gradient from north to south. Could this be implemented in standard without to much work?
- can normal city buildings, i mean non-factory, non-attraction buildings also spread over more than one tile, or cluster like farms or solar powerplants?
@pak US team:
Regarding building from scratch: I don't think taking pak128 britain objects directly into a pak north america would be a perfect sollution. The light is different here, and most things are much more colourfull.
ps.: sorry for the double posting, but my last posting was so old, i didn't want to modify it.