News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

100.0 on Windows NT 4.0 Server

Started by RichardG, October 05, 2008, 12:58:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichardG

Lmallet

Which pak, which version/release of Simutrans, and what version of the pak?

DirrrtyDirk

I have never tried, but does simutrans run at all on Windows NT 4.0? It's hardly what I'd call a "game friendly" OS...

And have you tried with or without using unicows.dll (which is needed for win9x - and NT 4.0 is about as old as those) - or tried using the SDL version instead?

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

Lmallet

Quote from: DirrrtyDirk on October 06, 2008, 04:46:38 PM
I have never tried, but does simutrans run at all on Windows NT 4.0? It's hardly what I'd call a "game friendly" OS...

And have you tried with or without using unicows.dll (which is needed for win9x - and NT 4.0 is about as old as those) - or tried using the SDL version instead?

I thought of the same thing, however it seems unicows is included in Windows NT 4.0.  But yeah, try SDL.

As for running NT4 SP1.  You might want to install the latest service pack, 6a (the first NT4 services packs were not great).  Now I remember Civilizations II would not run on NT4, while it ran fine on 98 and 2000.  I have the CD kicking around somewhere, I might test it myself to see.

Lmallet

Well, now I am a bit confused.  I've tried both SDL and GDI on NT4 workstation, and it works fine (without any service pack, might i add).

Could you post simu.log, by running "simutrans -log 1"?

DirrrtyDirk

Please don't just quote from memory - copy & paste the last 10-20 lines, please.

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****