Yes, I am playing the last couple of days (being ill and having much time) with the pak64-german.exp, and I like it very much. Because I live in Austria, I am very happy with the structure of the available transportation options, now in 1978.
What I observed is that many things work very well, and seem to make much sense. The things that I found imperfect right now are:
* I am not able to make any profit with fully occupied ferries (I only tried passengers over longer distances)
* There is no ship for carrying letters available
* It is not easy to gain money from local transportation inside a city
* It is very easy to gain money from using planes
* There is no official way to carry letters with some tramway (I just build a "normal" train depot and use very short trains)
* Per default, there is way too much private car traffic in big cities for my buses to get through -- and even with all the signs, sometimes they were completely stuck and never moving again
Furthermore, I would propose a feature for planes: They should have restrictions on how far they can fly, because only then it makes sense to use some not as efficient planes just because they can fly further without any stop.
And maybe planes should have to wait longer in a stop to unboard and board and get fueled, compared to trains; the factor in stop time between the two is about 10 times longer for the plane in reality.
Besides that, I really think there has been quite some improvement with many things and I appreciate most of the SE features, even if not all of them.
Thank you, guys, and have a good time!