News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

Nightly build site discussion

Started by Colin, September 27, 2008, 05:48:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vilvoh

For being even more politically correct, we would better use language prefixes (es, en, de, pt..)  ::)

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

wernieman

At the begin of the webside I use for one language more than one flag. But then there was to much flags .....

With the language prefixes we have the same problem ...
I hope you understand my English

VS

As for me, I have no gripes. Czechia didn't conquer the world, no political correctness problems for us! ;D

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

wernieman

vilvoh

Quote from: wernieman on November 20, 2008, 09:13:40 AM
With the language prefixes we have the same problem ...

In order to save space, you may use a select, dinamically generated with PHP, with the list of languages available:

<select>
  <option value="de">deustch</option>
  <option value="en">english</option>
  <option value="es">spanish</option>
  <option value="pt">portuguesse</option>
</select>

P.S: For avoiding any international conflict, I've sorted them alphabetically... :P

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

KrazyJay

I'm not sure whether I'm using the right place to ask, but every day I download the WinSDL version, which requires some more actions performed by the user before it really replaces the old(er) version. Is there a way that a windows XP computer downloads,unzip and replaces the old(er) file automatically on for example start-up?
Played Simutrans in:
~ The Netherlands ~ United Kingdom ~ Taiwan ~ Belgium ~

Simutrans player

DirrrtyDirk

Well, the easiest way to justify the flags is:

it displays the country after which the language is named. And the languages are called...

... German (not Austrian, not Swiss) - so the German flag is somewhat appropriate.
... English (not American, not Australian, not Canadian, ...) so the UK flag does it, too.
... Portuguese (not Brazilian)
... Spanish (not... name every country in Middle- and South-America, except Brazil)...
... French (regardless of the many countries in Africa and elsewhere that also speak it)
etc. etc. etc.

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

KrazyJay

Quote from: DirrrtyDirk on November 20, 2008, 02:15:46 PM
Well, the easiest way to justify the flags is:

it displays the country after which the language is named. And the languages are called...

... German (not Austrian, not Swiss) - so the German flag is somewhat appropriate.
... English (not American, not Australian, not Canadian, ...) so the UK flag does it, too.
... Portuguese (not Brazilian)
... Spanish (not... name every country in Middle- and South-America, except Brazil)...
... French (regardless of the many countries in Africa and elsewhere that also speak it)
etc. etc. etc.

What about Traditional and Simplified Chinese? In China people don't use Traditional Chinese, but in Taiwan, HongKong and Macau, and other places outside China they do. Also, a language has no political connection, in some cases flags do... Maybe we can use icons with abbreviations of languages (ISO?) like we generally use to differentiate different sections in the forums?
Played Simutrans in:

Simutrans player

VS

KrazyJay, about automating the downloading process - sure, it is possible! Probably in many different ways.

If I had to do this, I would probably use some scripting language (in this case Python since I just use it for everything) and add shortcut to the resulting script to "after startup" folder in start menu. Or something similar. Python is nice in one aspect - "battery included" philosophy, it comes with a full suite of libraries for all crazy kids of tasks, so you wouldn't have to hunt them on the net one by one.

Or just the same with VBscript - Internet explorer is (or used to be) just a mashup of activex libs and controls, so you could easily use some of it for downloading the stuff, and the rest - well, I don't know what all is in windows by default, but starting with xp it can open zip archives, so unpacking with some always present activex object is probably possible, too.

Or if you wanted to do it the linux way (on windows, no problem), you could use a combination of cat, wget, grep and some other nifty utilities. Just mash up some comands into batch file and repeat as with script. These programs are available from gnuwin32, so this is also an open possibility.

Dunno. Your call :) In most cases, you would have to download a lot of stuff before you can even start.

(Just let me remark that both python and gnuwin32 packages are quite useful, if you can really use them.)

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

wernieman

If you are not interessted in the latest translation, you can only download the "smal" Packages. There are only the programm and 3? Logfiles. With this you can update other nightlys.

Only for the last PAK64, PAK128 and the latest translation you need a full download.

(BTW. the translation can be manual updated, look at the Translation-Server)

KrazyJay

I'm not so great with programming, I know the code used to write in forums, I wrote some games for the TI-83 during my highschool era, I know basic commands in .bat files, but since then I lost it. I just figured it would be possible, since the download location doesn't change every day. Could I get some help with this? :) I use the link in my signature to download the file, link, and the location it should be stored on my computer is D:\Program Files\simuwin-sdl-100-0\simutrans. I really hope it's not too much or impolite to ask...
Played Simutrans in:

Simutrans player

wernieman

But this link is only the programm (see my post)

It is only an update of an existing installation

KrazyJay

Exactly. That's the only thing I need to keep up to date with the nightlies, right?
Played Simutrans in:

Simutrans player

wernieman

Up to date the PROGRAMM ... not the PAK or the TRANSLATION

isidoro

For the flags issue, everybody knows that that is not exact.  We can even have more than one language coming from one present country,  countries may change in the future, etc.  But everyone understands it and it looks nice.

For the simplified Chinese, I've seen the mainland Chinese flag and for traditional Chinese, the Taiwanese one.  Again, that is probably not exact, and politically an issue, but everyone understands.  Or if that is really a problem, some of those beautiful Chinese characters (jiantizi or fantizi) instead of their flags can do it.

KrazyJay

Although I'd be happy with flags, for Simplified as well as Traditional Chinese, we can use icons. I'll make some and post them on here after 2 hours so you can get an idea :)
Played Simutrans in:

Simutrans player

KrazyJay

Okay, here are some ideas? They're fine to be used anywhere for Simutrans or anything related to Simutrans/Nightlies. Comments welcome, as they're quite easy to change, or give it a go by yourself ;)
Played Simutrans in:

Simutrans player

wernieman

bevor we think about the flags ... we need the translation ;o)

z9999

Encoding of your site seems to be iso-8859-1.
Should we need to use numeric character references to show 2 byte characters ?

$BEZ_NAVI['LANG'] = "&#x8868;&#x793A;&#x8A00;&#x8A9E;&#x3092;&#x9078;&#x629E;&#x3057;&#x3066;&#x304F;&#x3060;&#x3055;&#x3044;"

Frank

Quote from: z9999 on November 21, 2008, 11:24:37 AM
Encoding of your site seems to be iso-8859-1.
Should we need to use numeric character references to show 2 byte characters ?

page encoding can different for language

if ( $st == 'cn' ) {
     encoding utf8
} elseif ( $st == 'cs' ) {
     encoding 8859-2
} else {
     encoding 8859-1
}

pleace add encoding in the file

default = ISO-8859-1

Frank

In release 2161 changed the savegame id.

Savegames not loaded in older versions.

jamespetts

The server appears to be down: 500 internal server error.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

wlindley

From http://nightly.simutrans-germany.com/ ... now... All i get is:
Quotenightly.simutrans-germany.com wurde noch nicht weitergeleitet
Bitte setzen Sie sich ggfs. mit dem Support in Verbindung.
nightly.simutrans-germany.com

Where did the nightlies go?

wernieman

At some times the provider have a problem with the sub-domains....

somewhere Frank post the direkt-links to the nightly pages ... but I loos them :o(

Edit:
http://simutrans-germany.com/~nightly/simutrans/

Sarrus

nightly.simutrans-germany.com wurde noch nicht weitergeleitet
Bitte setzen Sie sich ggfs. mit dem Support in Verbindung.
nightly.simutrans-germany.com

What does it mean?

blitzmaster

there are problems with the subdomains, as mentioned in many posts here in the forum...
in such cases please use the direct links
Quote from: Frank on January 18, 2009, 01:27:23 PM
nightly.simutrans-germany.com - http://simutrans-germany.com/~nightly/simutrans
wiki.simutrans-germany.com - http://simutrans-germany.com/wiki/wiki
online-dat.simutrans-germany.com - http://simutrans-germany.com/online_dat
files.simutrans-germany.com - http://simutrans-germany.com/files
simutranslator.simutrans-germany.com - http://simutrans-germany.com/translator
patches.simutrans-germany.com - http://simutrans-germany.com/~patches

btw: the german text means: (url) has not been forwarded by now, please contact the support

wernieman

Since this week there are nightlys for MAC too!

please test!

@IgorTekton:
Can you change the Subjekt of your first Post?

Ore make a new Sticky-Thread?

THANKS!!

jamespetts

Nightlies for Mac? That's excellent!

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

IgorEliezer

Quote from: wernieman on May 16, 2009, 05:58:37 PM
@IgorTekton:
Can you change the Subjekt of your first Post?

Better late than never. Done. ;D

wernieman

We make a little change in the Design of the nightly-Webide.

and:
We have LINUX64-Bit included!

So  Now:
Linux
   gcc3
   gcc4
   Linux64
Windows
   SDL
   GDI
MAC
   Intel
   PowerPC

In the PAK-Section:
PAK64
openPAK128
PAK128
PAK192.comic

Edit:
There will not be a Windows-64-Version, because Windows64 have no Problem to execute 32-Bit-programms (and there is no mingw64-Compiler)

Edit
Some typo

Michael 'Cruzer'

Founder and Ex-Maintainer of pak192.comic. Provider of Simutrans Hosting rental service.

wernieman

jamespetts

Any possibility of adding Simutrans-Experimental for Mac to the list...? :-)

wernieman

When I add simutrans-experimental ... then for all (Linux, Windows, Mac). I check the working of git on my Server, without destroying subversion

But .... I don´t know how to design the webside to add it.

... when you want to answer, could you make a new thread?

@IgorTekton:
This thread is long and there are so much posting that do not must be in a "sticky thread". Could we "unstick" it and make a new "stick"?

IgorEliezer

Quote from: wernieman on July 02, 2009, 04:24:45 PM
This thread is long and there are so much posting that do not must be in a "sticky thread". Could we "unstick" it and make a new "stick"?

I've split the topic. http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=24.0