News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

"Any free platform" in pak64 and Britain-Ex

Started by Carl, November 27, 2010, 03:28:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carl

I usually run Experimental (8.2) with pak64 but today tried out pak128.Britain.Ex for the first time. In playing about with the Intro screen game I was surprised to see that, at a multi-platform station, trains don't just wait for their assigned platform to be free -- they will go to another accessible platform if it's free. This doesn't happen in pak64 experimental, which is why I was surprised -- I wouldn't have thought this would be a pak-dependent feature. It was a pleasant surprise, though, because this feature is one thing I've really missed since switching from OpenTTD.

Is there any way to transfer this setting to my pak64 game? If it's merely a matter of one of the pak-specific files I wouldn't be surprised if it could be transferred in some way...

jamespetts

This is indeed not (entirely) a pakset dependent feature: you need to use the "choose signal" to make this work. Most paksets have choose signals.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Carl

Thanks! I feel very silly for having missed this feature for all this time...