News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

SimuTranslator site

Started by Frank, October 23, 2008, 11:26:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

the new adress from SimuTranslator is

simutranslator.simutrans-germany.com

or

simutrans-germany.com/translator/

new futures

- new option User Reference Language in Preferences

- this show than in page 'Edit Texts'

Statistics shows only translators in the state have 'active'.

I import the texts from pak64 (SVN - not food and waste) and pakHAJO in the next days.

IgorEliezer

Congratulations! :D

EDIT: New banner-news added:

SimuTranslator
You can make Simutrans speak your language.

whoami

http://translator.simutrans.com/ should be updated to reflect this, because it still points the user someplace else - a different DNS alias entry for translator.simutrans.com should do the job in the easiest way.

(moved to different board)

LondonBVE

Weird I have problem logging in my account in this new translator website, it works fine with the old one and in Tomas Kubes's one too but whenever I login with my account password and username it keep saying login failed.
"Everyday Rob People" (ERP) ;)

I got cheated by my ISP

DirrrtyDirk

Wasn't this addressed in Napik's email to all translator users?

QuoteTherefore you should be able to login using your old credentials
and start translating. However in few cases, little adjustments in the
internal structure could have caused password reset. Please write me, if
your old password does not work.

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

Frank

All user with last login before 12.10.2008 16:00 ( server time ) are disabled.

@LondonBVE

I activate your account

LondonBVE

Thanks, I must have miss the mail or accidentally delete it. I have a habit of not checking my mail frequently, oh and Franks thanks for activating, I now should have plenty of time to translate for Simutrans since I am now in school holiday all the way to next year.

I got cheated by my ISP

LondonBVE

I noticed one problem that I could not get past and that is if I were to click on "\nCan't open heightfield file.\n" instead of taking me to a translation page it will give me SQL Error.

SQL error : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 't open heightfield file.\n' AND p.having_version_version_id='0'' at line 1

Because of this I need to frequently use the Object guide to get around it since edit text and browse text will bring me back to first object to translate.

I got cheated by my ISP

z9999

These text cause sql error too.
Maybe, "'" is the problem.

Not allowed!\nThe convoi's schedule can\nnot be changed currently.\nTry again later!
Travellers now\nuse %s's\nbusses between\n%s \nand %s.\n
Vehicle %s can't find a route!

And many text were initializedand again.

Frank

Quote from: Frank on October 26, 2008, 09:47:25 PM
The old statistic was not correct. Old translations have not been erased and then the statistics counted.

German translation had 102%

Pleace not translating at the moment.

z9999

Thank you. I read that topic just now.

Frank

you can translated

please check the translated strings and corrected this

z9999

Downloaded text files are still broken. Same as bofore.
But system is still unstable. So, I don't want to correct them until it will be stable. Sorry.

prissi

Sorry, what due you mean? Download gives me a correct file, at least for german, english and japanese, as far as I checked it. The text are the one from the last working backup (5.10.08).

Please, specify the error.

(If you mean errors in something else than base text: pak64 is not current on translator. I need a nightly from 5.10. or 4.10 or so to get the latest backup to compare.)

z9999

It was broken when I downloaded it.
But now, all texts are back again, no more problems for downloaded file. Thank you.

z9999

There is one problem.

Japanese keyboard help contains < br > tag, because Japanese text don't fit window.
But unfortunately, all texts after first < br > tag are disappeared.

[edit]
Ok, fixed now.
It wasn't disappeared this time.

IgorEliezer

Sorry, but I have to say: seems we lost 70% of Portuguese base text translations. Anyway, don't worry, I have a backup. ;)

Frank

Quote from: IgorTekton on November 03, 2008, 02:45:51 AM
Sorry, but I have to say: seems we lost 70% of Portuguese base text translations. ...

I reimport the pt texts

prissi

I reimported them several times. THere are also less than 25 entries missing, thus it seem not that there was great loss since october.

vilvoh

When will be possible to you upload 128pak texts?

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

Frank

Quote from: vilvoh on November 03, 2008, 10:15:53 AM
When will be possible to you upload 128pak texts?

when VS upload the pak128 source files

vilvoh

Ok, but wouldn't be possible to use the files from the old version of Translator? I mean, does he or anybody have a backup we can use or is he going to upload all master translations only and we'll have to translate from scratch?

Tomas

Hi!
They are somewhere available actual source codes of SimuTranslator? Maybe I can help to improve Translator.
I see only source codes in Translator documentation, but they are very old and poor...

T.

VS

Quote from: Frank on November 03, 2008, 11:19:18 AM
when VS upload the pak128 source files
Please do not translate pak128 yet!
I am still uploading the whole set, it will take long to split it into many pieces :(

I won't upload gui stuff, grounds, pedestrians or citycars since they are useless for translation purposes.

Also: I will nuke the homemarket! AAAAARGH! I swear that *#$%%@ thing has more images than the whole internet. This is the seventh time I have to split upload again because of that... that... thing!

EDIT: I broke it... apparently :( I get either blank screen or no images are updated when uploading things.

The object Moebelhaus can not be overwritten - no big loss. But there is some problem with Trolleybus_electrification it seems. Or maybe all catenary objects are damaged?

Also I can't upload houses. They are on the exactly same sheets as exported from translator earlier, and can't be imported. Blank screen.

Should I cut them all apart?

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Frank

Quote from: VS on November 03, 2008, 05:58:26 PM
The object Moebelhaus can not be overwritten - no big loss. ...

Those are probably too many graphics.

Also I can't upload houses. They are on the exactly same sheets as exported from translator earlier, and can't be imported. Blank screen.

Should I cut them all apart?

This happens by limiting the running script.

Either import as dat-only or split the file.

Com is import dat-only.

program_text_01 ?

-> CATEGORY_01

Color42

Guys, could I maybe get some help here quickly?
It's ok to edit pak128 now?
And I just wana make sure I do it the right way.
So for instance:

Edit Translation for Object: factory_fish_pond_details
Set pak128, type dummy_info, copyright:

Lets say i would like to translate this the correct translation should be formated as follows:?

fiskdamms_fabrik_detaljer

?
Never Stand Down

prissi

No, please read the translation rules. OOPS, they are only on the old forum. I will make a new sticky.

whoami

1) Now I can't log in to the translator. But I could do so initially after its move to Frank's server.
2) Many Pak128 objects that I checked are without any translations, so there are still entries missing.
  (e.g. start at "Cement", and navigate in either direction)

=> IMHO: not usable yet for Pak128.

VS

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

whoami

Quoteyet
How about now? :D

Back to my question No 1): Am I not supposed to log in at all? I can't remember changing my password recently, so I guess something on the server side has changed (after the latest move).

prissi

Many inactive account were suspended, to make sure everybody is checking here first to be up to date. Please ask Frank to reactivate your account. If your password containes special characters, then most likely it did not survice the transition to UFT-8 and Hashing.

Frank

Quote from: whoami on November 04, 2008, 09:36:48 PM
Back to my question No 1): Am I not supposed to log in at all? I can't remember changing my password recently, so I guess something on the server side has changed (after the latest move).

I activate your account

All user with last login before 12.10.2008 16:00 ( server time ) are disabled.

Frank

The translator has a changed page 'Object Guide'.

Please test them and share their thoughts with.

vilvoh

One silly question, why translator.simutrans.com does not redirect to simutranslator.simutrans-germany.com/? I've to pass by 3 sites until I find the right one...

Back to the object guide improvement, the filter is a good idea but the way the info is shown is quite messy. It's difficult to see something among so many letters together. My suggestion is to use a table to show the results of the filter.