News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Error shared library: libmikmod.so.2

Started by Walkerpt, October 26, 2008, 10:26:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walkerpt

Hello

I update last night my Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy) to 8.10 (Intrepid).

In Hardy everything runs fine, today i have this error :  error while loading shared libraries: libmikmod.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.

The library libmikmod is installed.

simutrans: simulinux-100-0
simupak: pak128_1-4-3-1pre_0-100-0

Thank you for the help

Bad English sorry i have good Portuguese.

vilvoh

It's not due to Simutrans, that warning sometimes happens in Linux. I know two ways of fixing it, but you need to use the command line for both. First you have to locate libmikmod.so.2 path (use find or locate commands) and then you have to set a symbolic link for libmikmod.so.2 typing this:
Quoteln -s path_to_libmikmod.so.2 /usr/lib/libmikmod

The easiest way to fix it is by typing:
sudo ldconfig
this command will update the shared libraries list. The sudo prefix means you need root privileges to carry out that action so you'll have to introduce the root password.

Another way to asure that you have installed everything Simutrans needs is go to simutrans directoy and type:
ldd simutrans
That command will check all Simutrans dependencies and libraries. Futhermore, it will warn you if you have a lower version of any of the required libraries.

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

Walkerpt

hello vilvoh

I appreciate your help but don't work

I create a symlink in every /lib where simutrans look for libs (/usr/lib...../lib...../lib32....etc...)

ldd simutrans

show tree lies
   libmikmod.so.2 => not found
   libvorbisfile.so.3 => not found
   libsmpeg-0.4.so.0 => not found

all this libs are installed in my laptop.

any suggestion more?

thanks

Walkerpt

Hello
after insert various simlinks the error now is: error while loading shared libraries: libmikmod.so.2: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

i think this is a complain about the 64 bits but what is missing really??

prissi

I think you are trying to run the 32bit exe with wrong 32 bit libs. (Actually, I do not know this lib, nor the purpose why simutrans needs it). Imho, the safest way is to download simutrans source and compile it yourself. Or make sure it is executed as a 32bit program.

Walkerpt

How i solve the problem:
installed #getlibs[/url]http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=474790
in the terminal "sudo ldd simutrans" (vilvoh) and getlibs the not found libraries then "sudo ldconfig" (vilvoh)

Thanks to every one for the replies and help.

vilvoh

So finally it seeems that prissi was right. It was a problem with 32 and 64 bit libraries.This is what getlibs does:
QuoteOn 64-bit systems it downloads and installs libraries needed for 32-bit programs and 64-bit programs.
On 32-bit systems it downloads and installs libraries needed for 32-bit programs.

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...