News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

A Facepalm moment

Started by waerth, September 04, 2011, 07:31:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

waerth

It is 1911. My map with a 1000+ towns is slowly being developed. I decide to make an oil rig, refinery and oil powered power plant (yeah yeah I know cheating) My ships dutifully transport oil to the refinery at the harbour. I build a very long new railway to connect the harbour to my "industrial center" area where a lone coal powered power plant has gotten company.

I buy a locomotive and want to buy petrol wagons ...... hey where are the petrol wagons. Joehoe where art thou ...... after looking over and over again I conclude no petrol wagons. So I fast forward time. It isn't untill 1927 that they seen to get introduced.

Help ......

Can someone reprogram the 1927 petrol car for trains to appear in lets say 1910???

PRetty please?

jamespetts

Waerth,

thank you for spotting that anomaly! I have amended the introduction date of the wagon to 1910 as suggested; this amendment will appear in the next release of Pak128.Britain-Ex. Thank you for the report!
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

waerth

Ermmm any chance you can post it here is well? Pretty please?

;D

jamespetts

I have pushed the sources to Github, but I'm afraid that I don't currently have time to produce an interim release.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

waerth

* waerth okay I am off to finding out how github works ......

jamespetts

Note that you will need to compile wagon-tanker-rch.dat using Makeobj.

waerth

Thanks, just found a link to github for pakbritain. Will now go and search for makeobj. And then pray :)

waerth

Hmmmmmm I put the png and dat files in same directory I then do:

Makeobj Pak128

And then I get:

Makeobj-Experimental, based on Makeobj version 51 for Simutrans 110.0 Experiment
al 9.3 and higher
Experimental version by James E. Petts, derived from Makeobj, (c) 2002-2006 V. M
eyer , Hj. Malthaner and
M. Pristovsek (markus@pristovsek.de). This is open source software, released und
er the Artistic Licence.

Image size is set to 128x128
writing invidual files to ./
   reading file ./wagon-tanker-rch.dat
   writing file ./..pak
skipping unknown  object

C:\Program Files\Simutrans exp 9.0\New Paks\PakHelper\lng>Makeobj pak
Makeobj version 51 for simutrans 110.0 Experimental  and higher

Makeobj-Experimental, based on Makeobj version 51 for Simutrans 110.0 Experiment
al 9.3 and higher
Experimental version by James E. Petts, derived from Makeobj, (c) 2002-2006 V. M
eyer , Hj. Malthaner and
M. Pristovsek (markus@pristovsek.de). This is open source software, released und
er the Artistic Licence.

writing file ./..pak
skipping unknown  object

C:\Program Files\Simutrans exp 9.0\New Paks\PakHelper\lng>

It keeps on saying skipping unknown object :(

jamespetts

Ahh, you need to put the .png file into a subdirectory with the name "images" of the directory in which the .dat file is contained.

waerth

Getting somewhere ..... but not what I want. I am now getting an empty tile in the depot which I cannot click on. Which I assume will be my tanker wagon LOL.

Now lets see what went awry there.

jamespetts

Hmm... not sure off the top of my head, I'm afraid. Are you sure that the image file is in the correct place, with the correct name, etc,?

waerth

yes correct place. Correct names. The command is:

makeobj pak

right?

or

makeobj pak128

??

This is what I get now:

writing file ./vehicle.RCH-Tanker.pak
      packing vehicle.RCH-Tanker

For some reason the file stays 374 bytes so it definately didnt add the graphics.

W

jamespetts

waerth

I guess I will have to try again tomorrow ...... oh wait it already is tomorrow here in Bangkok  ;D .......

God I need to finish my work now. Tomorrow I will go for the drastic approach. Delete everything and start again. I was thinking this makeobj version is from 26-02-2011 that would be the current one for Exp right (I took the one you linked to)

W

VS

If you didn't copy the original image and didn't alter image references in dat file - the individual sprites (vehicle directions) must have the same position in image as in original.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!