News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

a.64.simutrans.entropy.me.uk

Started by Ashley, March 30, 2012, 12:05:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashley

Currently running Simutrans stable 112.1 (r6212) with pak64 112.1.

Download Simutrans and pakset from: http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?board=3.0

This server is accessible over both IPv4 and IPv6.

The server will pause when no clients are connected.

Screenshot of the map:

Previous savegames can be found here, listed by the date when the server was shut down:

http://entropy.me.uk/simutrans/server/sim64a/archive/
Use Firefox? Interested in IPv6? Try SixOrNot the IPv6 status indicator for Firefox.
Why not try playing Simutrans online? See the Game Servers board for details.

benjad

When is the next reset?

A current player has completely developed all possible connections, and hold a total monopoly.  That player also refuses to make any public connections, resulting in an unplayable game.

I recently discovered the multiplayer version, and love it a lot more than playing against AI.  But this game is already closed :(

Ashley

I've created some public interchange stations. Direct competition is also a possibility, passengers will pick either network. I can't do much about people building railway around cities (they can just rebuild it if it's deleted) - bridges or tunnels can overcome these kind of obstructions.

Please play nicely people, if you're going to dominate a map and not interact with other players you may as well not play the network version!

(I'll restart the other server soon).
Use Firefox? Interested in IPv6? Try SixOrNot the IPv6 status indicator for Firefox.

benjad

Random question, how did this player develop the map so quickly.  Did they spend massively into the red, knowing that the payoff would be there?  How did they not go bankrupt? 

Thanwer

Probally he built a profitable freight line first (coal/oil)  to afford pax network...

edson

Benjad spamming public lines around the world. --'

It's too soon to create public interchanges, this can't be edited and cause lot of problemas with players spamming stations.

EDIT: I'm not controlling city development (You said this is cheating?), I'm protecting my roads for don't get public roads with only 50KM/H max.

Ashley

I think these maps don't have enough cities on them, the next one I'll try a different formula.

benjad

I need to look at simuconfig again, but factory spread is good, but some of the connections are breaking.. resulting in a bunch of orphan industries.   The distance apart is good, but the broken links is the issue.  I forget where this is.   I like the unique city names! 

Number of cities is just fine here, lots of times, too many cities = too close together.

benjad

And which road between cities is this one protecting?

edson

You just want my password and play with my account? From the first time you've join you try to do the transport on the same city.
At the start, with lot of cities around, you started your line on the city with my transport. I remove this, this ins't cheating and it's allowed, no problem about that.

Fifty

I made this map in a hurry, so there are two problems: a car factory without a consumer and a stray sawmill that was not removed. Here is an updated version of the map with these issues corrected:

http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/new_tropical_lands_v2.sve

Config settings for this map can be found here.

In terms of cities on the map, I have placed few so that cities can grow during the course of a long game. Second, the maps are designed for people who do not have many hours to play each day, so players that have the luxury of free time should be nice and lay off development of all possible lines.

Quote from: edson on April 01, 2012, 05:08:03 PM
It's too soon to create public interchanges, this can't be edited and cause lot of problemas with players spamming stations.

This is *my* personal opinion, but public interchanges should be fine at any point in the game if designed well. The whole point of netgames is being able to play with other intelligent humans. Competition still requires a good deal of cooperation. I understand why players may not want certain stations to be public, but I think all players should have at least one accessible public connection. Maybe a thread should be started: "netgame code of conduct" for new players to read.

I might suggest running one of the two pak 64 servers with foodchain addon. That will bring players to both servers and hopefully prevent any one from becoming a big monopoly.
Why do we park on the driveway and drive on the parkway?

Ashley

Problem with the food chain addon is it may be somewhat hard for players to figure out they need it - the network game dialog will just display the main pakset version number afaik.

I am not going to intervene again in these maps, I don't have time to moderate network games properly so it's best I don't try to at all. Building railway track around cities is, however, a really low tactic and anyone using it should be ashamed of themselves.

edson

Quote from: Timothy on April 01, 2012, 09:22:16 PM
Building railway track around cities is, however, a really low tactic and anyone using it should be ashamed of themselves.

Now, can you tell me why? At 1921 don't have planes, don't have buses, so, why i can't connect with trains?

Now take a look, players making public stops anywhere. I will remove all the passager transport.

edson

Admin, can you please restart this map or create other?

Ashley

I've restarted with the v2 map from Fifty.

Please this time do not encircle cities with track. Of course you can use railways to transport goods/passengers, the tactic I was referring to is that of building sand tracks around a city to prevent expansion/block other players.

edson

The Trikky Transport SA ins't a human player, right? :o

Nice map. :]

EDIT: Wrong topic. Trikky bankrupt. Sorry for the post.

Ashley

That's actually the new B server, the A server is running the Fifty map again :)

neroden

New forms of griefing simutrans!

All the player slots are locked, even the one called "open".  It seems to be really easy to do this.  It also seems to be unclear how to "unlock" a slot once you've locked it.  Perhaps that needs to be added to the interface (hmm, programming project).

Look at the crazy bundle of cities around 98,88 (someone was rich I guess).

Dwachs

What could be done about it? I can think of the following options:
-- once a player created a new company it is not possible to create a new company immediately after
-- allow admins to kill empty companies
-- unlock companies that do not have any vehicles
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

Ashley

I was working on a patch to add a command to change the password for a player using nettool. That would permit you to set the password to blank, and unlock a player. I'll finish that once I am done with my exams if nobody does it before me. Probably about time to reset the maps though...

prissi

An admin can change to any player without password. He can then change the password. Changing to empty could be done this way.

Other would be construction of a airroute with only waypoitns. Bankrupsy will follow within month ... (but a resign option might by useful for network mode too. Would be easy to do, imho.)

Vonjo

It would be nice if there is an option to delete player/declare bankrupcy after certain time period of inactivity. For example: if there are no new construction/car and no login for 100 simutrans years.
Sometimes there are some slot which has no construction, no car, or no activity at all, just reserved for some reason. And it blocks new player to join.

prissi

What about that an empty slot is released after one year of financial inactivity? (Only slot0 spectator will be except from this.)

Vonjo

Quote from: prissi on May 07, 2012, 07:12:40 PM
What about that an empty slot is released after one year of financial inactivity? (Only slot0 spectator will be except from this.)
The feature should be able to be disabled/enabled. For game like moblet's, all slot need to be locked.

neroden

Quote from: Dwachs on May 06, 2012, 06:23:18 PM
-- allow admins to kill empty companies

I think this is already an option.

However, I think that it should also be easy for the player who controls the password for a company to unlock the company.  It's not obvious how to do that right now (that's why I said "programming project").  EDIT: "changing the password to empty" is not entirely reliable, I've had trouble doing it, there should be a "remove password" button.

Ashley

MobileRod

Hi, Timothy!
I'm trying to run - as Viação Rodrigus Ltda. -, but I've been experiencing too much crash.

Thanks, and hello everyone :)

Dwachs

Quote from: MobileRod on May 21, 2012, 11:08:42 PM
I'm trying to run - as Viação Rodrigus Ltda. -, but I've been experiencing too much crash.
Can you be more specific? What is crashing? client or server? Under which circumstances?
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

MobileRod

Sure!
This is something I don't know exactly, but it frequently stops responding and I have to restart - it doesn't happen when I'm offline.
Sometimes it stops responding just after I click "Play Online", but mostly it does after a few minutes' play...

prissi

Try to use the SDL binary, the GDI version has severe problems with a deadlock if it had to skip more than a frame.

edson

Bot on Server A - Trikky Transport SA.

EDIT: The bot already connected all cities.

MobileRod

Quote from: edson on May 22, 2012, 08:21:12 PM
Bot on Server A - Trikky Transport SA.

EDIT: The bot already connected all cities.

Good remember, Edson! It becomes a hassling issue when we, humans, agree neither to connect all towns at a time, nor make the same lines our fellows do, and the bot does both.
By the way, it would be kind to make some main stops public, so that we could integrate lines from different fellows in towns that happen to be served by two or more companies.

MobileRod

Quote from: prissi on May 22, 2012, 06:08:26 PM
Try to use the SDL binary, the GDI version has severe problems with a deadlock if it had to skip more than a frame.

Thanks for the hint, but unfortunately I don't understand what are SDL and GDI - first time around...

edson

Too much desync, i can not stay 2 minutes on the server without lose the connection.  :-[

And thats not all, because of this, i think i have changed my password accidentaly, i will try again later.

NOTE: I'm the last company (East Haul (something like that, i have searching a good name to put on it :3)).

EDIT: Password really lost, i'm playing as FedEx.

edson

PT:

Bom, eu tava jogando e sai por 1 hora, quando voltei, o jogo estava totalmente bagunçado por alguma criança que não tem o que fazer e estraga o jogo.

Então eu vou fazer as sugestões que tenho em mente.

- Bloquear o botão 'Fundar nova cidade' para que não seja possivel que façam isso:

- Bloquear a compra de ruas, estradas, carros e a modificação dos terrenos do jogo (principalmente) caso o jogador fique individado, esse processo pode acabar por dificultar a empresa mais evitará que eles façam isso quando estiverem 'nervosos':

EN:

Well, I was playing and leave for 1 hour, when I returned, the game was totally messed up by some kid who has nothing to do and spoils the game.

So I'll do what I have in mind.

- Lock the button 'Found new city' that is not possible to do this:

- Block the purchase of streets, roads, cars and modification of the land of the game (especially) if the player gets indebted, this process may ultimately hamper the company avoid more they do it when they are 'nervous':

EDIT: I'm trying to remove some problems if the admin deems it necessary, a restart would be better.