News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Having trouble compiling nightly with my new patch

Started by jamespetts, December 14, 2008, 12:55:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamespetts

After I uploaded my patch, I downloaded the latest nightly build with the intention of re-applying my patch to it, and running the latest version. However, it seems that there have been so many changes to the code since last week that, when I try to run it, I get over 100 compiler errors. The problem seems to come from simmain.cc calling lots of members of umgebung_t which are no longer in umgebung_t. Can anyone assist with solving this issue?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

vilvoh

perhaps you may get some info from the svn changelog...

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

jamespetts

Thank you for your reply: I managed to get it to compile by downloading the latest .vcproj file: the problem, I think, was that there were new .cc files added to the project since the revision that I was using that did not appear in my version of the .vcproj file.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

vilvoh

If I remember correctly, VS send to Prissi an updated version of that file some time ago (2 weeks as much) so as you said, that could be the problem.

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

jamespetts