News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

Consumer not paying for goods shipment... [11.35]

Started by DrSuperGood, July 06, 2014, 05:17:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrSuperGood

I run quite a large goods business over on the experimental server. Some of my lines ship >20,000 units per month making several million profit so I am most certainly not strapped for cash. However there is one distribution line which is refusing to pay me anything despite all the effort I go through to ship goods to it.

I mentioned the line in chat but it is basically a bulk shipping flow from my East Exchange to a Coal Merchant. Every month it regularly ships 500-1,000 tons of coal to this Coal Merchant however I have yet to receive a single penny for any of it. Quite literally, I have earned 0 revenue per month on the line its entire running life. Obviously the line is running in the red as I still am paying for the convoys moving and there are no "refunds" and things occurring. It is almost as if the Coal Merchant is fraudulent and refusing to pay for my shipments which is quite annoying.

Now I understand that maybe my shipping structure is not the most efficient and possibly the coal is taking an excessively long time to reach the merchant. However I would expect at least some payment, maybe 0.01 per unit or even 0.01 per shipment but instead I am getting absolutely 0.

I run a lot of similar lines which make small amounts of profit. It is just this line that has me stumped as it pays me absolutely nothing at all.

jamespetts

I am in the process of going through old bug reports to see which can be archived and which are still current. This was made I think at a time when I had very little available time for Simutrans related things as I was buying a house, so this seems not to have been dealt with.

Has anyone ever noticed anything similar to this? It will be very difficult to find the old saved game to try to reproduce this again, I think.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.