News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

Cattle Farm Updated - production down to nothing

Started by Aquin, June 24, 2014, 05:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aquin

Playing with Simutrans 112.3 Experimental 11.34, PakBritain128-ex 0.9.1:

The cattle farm at 1272,242 was updated from the 1840 to 1910 version, and although it has quite some fields it's production went down to 16/month.

http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/Bug_cattle_farm.sve

-Edit-

After reloading this game the farm is back up to its normal production,...

jamespetts

Thank you for the report. If the problem cannot be reproduced in the saved game, this might be difficult to reproduce. Has anyone else noticed any similar issues?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Aquin

I have seen it on other cattle farms updating later in the game as well, ...
so leaving the game to run for some time and wait for another cattle farm to update might be an option to reproduce it.

I could also reproduce it like this:
Start a new game at 1839 on a small map,
build a cattle farm and diary,
connect them and get some milk transported
and go to real fast forward or better skip some years with the public player, then the farm should update at the next change of months.

jamespetts

Does this always happen when (1) any industry; and (2) a cattle farm is upgraded, or only sometimes?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Aquin

Testing a little more, it seems to happen with all orchards, grain farms and cattle farms. They get reduced to an output of 15-20, I assume that's the base output per tile, and it dosen't matter if its the 1750-1840 or the 1840-1910 update.
Sheep farms and arable farms tend to shut down, I haven't seen any updating yet.
Forest sawmills seem to be fine though.

jamespetts

Interesting - thank you for that. Any more information would be appreciated.

Aquin

The .dat-files of the sheep and arable farm seem to miss the "Upgrade" field. That could explain them retiring instead of updating.

Junna

Quote from: Aquin on June 29, 2014, 10:21:17 PM
The .dat-files of the sheep and arable farm seem to miss the "Upgrade" field. That could explain them retiring instead of updating.

Oh, that would explain... I've also noticed them vanishing rather than upgrading without fail.

jamespetts

Ahh, thank you for spotting that: I have now fixed this in the .dat files. I will look into the bug in the code presently.

Edit: I think that I have now managed to fix the original bug, although I have not had time to test this fully. The fix for the time being will be available in the next minor release.

jamespetts

Can anyone confirm whether this original bug has been fixed?