News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

missing manual

Started by griff199, March 17, 2013, 12:54:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

griff199

I have been playing this game now for about a week. I have not found a decent manual or any decent tutorials other than a single youtube video in English that helped me figure out industries, but there is still a lot out there.

The link to the manual is a dud for me, goes to a default web page. The wiki is full of stubs (at least the EN version is).

Is there anything good in English in terms of documentation for simutrans?

An_dz

Hmmmm...
No. From what I know.

Maybe http://docs.simutrans.com/, but unfortunately it's offline due to server changes.

IgorEliezer

I'm afraid it's a bad time to look for documentations.

We are moving sites from a server to another, hence lots of sites are down. And we are importing the wiki from an old platform to another. Things have been busy these days.

I uploaded a copy of the starter manuals I have, use these while the actual site is not up: temp-link. They're a bit old, but they can help.

Tell us if they were of some help.

ny911

Quote from: griff199 on March 17, 2013, 12:54:37 AM
or any decent tutorials
A beginners tutorial and a advanced tutorial using the scenario scripts technique is in development. It will need still more time.

griff199

Quote from: IgorEliezer on March 17, 2013, 09:56:12 AM
I'm afraid it's a bad time to look for documentations.

We are moving sites from a server to another, hence lots of sites are down. And we are importing the wiki from an old platform to another. Things have been busy these days.

I uploaded a copy of the starter manuals I have, use these while the actual site is not up: temp-link. They're a bit old, but they can help.

Tell us if they were of some help.
I have them now, and that's a start. I appreciate the effort in getting these to me (and anyone else in the same boat)