News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Compiled latest 112.x merge, "Cannot chose because stop too short"

Started by Junna, March 05, 2013, 02:03:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junna

I now get an endless array of these errors, with any train or tram arriving at a reversing termini. I assume this was unintended but that something is a bit off with the code determining platform length or so. Note that, although it gives this error, usage remains normal.

prissi

In such cases the trains will go to the platform in the schedule, and will not chose (if it is still the same mechanism as standard). That could cause problems when a line is revered automatically.

Junna

Quote from: prissi on March 05, 2013, 04:24:35 PM
In such cases the trains will go to the platform in the schedule, and will not chose (if it is still the same mechanism as standard). That could cause problems when a line is revered automatically.

Yes, but the odd thing is that 1. it does this when the platforms are not too short, indeed several tiles longer than the train, and 2. they do successfully choose platforms at choose signals, yet the message is nevertheless displayed.

Bernd Gabriel

I pushed a fix to my "112.x merge" branch.

Another issue with trains stopping in the middle of the platform:
A signal at the end of the platform, which formerly forced convoys to leave the station at this end, aren't obeyed anymore and thus convoys can leave the station at the wrong end and may get stuck.
The journey is the reward!

jamespetts

Thank you very much - that is most helpful. I have reverted one small part of the change (the removal of the +1 from the platform_size - max_len) to ensure that trains do indeed stop in the very centre of the platforms and not slightly furhter along them.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Bernd Gabriel

I removed the +1 as it looked weird that a train of length n stopped 1 tile earlier than expected in a station of length n+1. Maybe we should start centering the trains if trains are at least 2 tiles shorter than the platform.

jamespetts

Hmm - which pakset were you using? It looks just right with the +1 in Pak128.Britain.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Bernd Gabriel

It is pak64.

In Pak128.Britain.Ex demo.sve trains also stop a tile too early but together with this eye-candy-North-East-heading-vehicles-drawing-offset and the nice platforms-ends it looks rather right.

asaphxiix

in the bridgewater-brunel game I'm still getting these messages, even though they don't appear to be pointing to any train by click. but still I'm getting plenty of them.
(Northern Lights Transport)

Junna

Quote from: asaphxiix on June 29, 2013, 05:02:10 PM
in the bridgewater-brunel game I'm still getting these messages, even though they don't appear to be pointing to any train by click. but still I'm getting plenty of them.
(Northern Lights Transport)

The map is crowded with trains too long for the stops. Open the message when it comes up and it will go to the location on the map where there is a station a train that is too long has just passed through, but it will not focus on the train but rather the station.