News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Transfer Time

Started by Carl, March 11, 2013, 08:44:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carl

No bugs here that I can see yet; however, I wanted to ask a couple of questions about this new feature.

1. Stations up to and including 2x3 (i.e. 2 platform, 3 tiles long) have a transfer time of 0:00. Is this intended? I

2. More generally: transfer time seems to ascend in 2m18s increments; what are the "boundaries" of each increment?

jamespetts

It is indeed intended that smaller stations such as 'bus stops have a transfer time of zero. The transfer time is calculated by taking half of the length of the shortest side and then calculating how long that it takes to traverse that distance if travelling at 5km/h, which is the average walking speed (an alternative walking speed, such as 4km/h, can be set in simuconf.tab). This would be why thin stations will also have a transfer time of zero. The level of increment of time that you get will depend on your meters per tile settings.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.