News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

SMSC October 2012 Edition: Tale of two cities

Started by vilvoh, October 03, 2012, 08:07:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vilvoh

Here we go with another edition of the Simutrans Monthly Screenshot Contest. The October's topic is Tale of two cities. Show us how do you connect a couple of cities, and what things do they share.
Rules

• Only one picture per user
  • Picture max size: 800x600 px
  • Available picture formats: png or jpg
  • Topic: Tale of two cities
  • You may use any pakset you want, but only one
  • Zoom is allowed.
  • Please indicate if it's from a real game or not.
  • Please include a short description and mention the pak you've used.
  • You can upload the picture to an image hosting service like imgur, imageshack.us or photobucket and then post link to the image here.
  • The nomination period ends at 18th October. Then, we'll make a poll to decide the winner(s)
Prize:

A mention at Simutrans Hall of Fame, compliments by the community and one post including your picture in the official blog.

Have fun!

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

Enkort

Atami & Yugawara
Atami and Yugawara is located in Japan, facing Sagami Bay on the Pacific Ocean.

Atami is in the far eastern corner of Shizuoka Prefecture,
Yugawara is in the far southwestern corner of Kanagawa Prefecture.

These two cities are divided by mountains, borders of regions and prefectures but have a common history.

Atami is set on the steep slopes of a partially submerged volcanic caldera on the edge of Sagami Bay. The name literally means "hot ocean".Yugawara has many onsen hot spring resorts too, and tourism plays a major role in the local economy.

Сities are connected by coastal highway, old mountain road and Tōkaidō Main Line - the busiest trunk line, connecting Tokyo and Osaka.
Atami also have a Sinkansen station serving all nearby resort area.

real game, pak128.japan

ML

While flicking through the forum and seeing the inscription "Tale of two cities" it reminded me about one of the Simpsons episodes. This was about the time to post something I thought..

version 111.2.2. r5583 | pak128 2.1.0 | real game, no add-ons | public player used in the early stages of the game to build some of the railway networks and improve city infrastructure

short description:
Hannover (left) and Wolfsburg (right) areas in their development served by InterCity (left) and Regional (right side) railways running between both cities. After 1945 the infrastructure was rebuilt into horizontal avenues congregating the city transport. Later the airport and company HQ were built. In mid-term horizon new InterCity railway will be built to Hamburg region and a major domestic car producer promised to open a new factory next to Wolfsburg. Although it seems like the railway was dividing both somehow ugly cities, it has always been the key element in the regions development. More in the following newspaper article..

QuoteHannover/Wolfsburg area to continue in the massive development
More sides promised to invest tremendous amounts of money to the region
The aerial photo is showing us the urban area Hannover/Wolfsburg in 1952, which was the first one covered by ML Trans after the company was established in January 1930. In the early plans were introduced to create a hub train station consisting of an InterCity and some regional connections. In the beginning a joint public transport project was founded. First train tracks were laid down in mid-1930 on which both InterCity and Regional trains were operating.
After 1945 as most of the cities got extremely damaged, ML Trans in cooperation with the federal government introduced plans for a massive renovation of the transport system based on horizontal avenues, where city transport is being congregated. Future suburban areas were included as well. The train station was more than doubled while new railway was laid down separating the InterCity and Regional traffic. In addition to that in 1950s an airport was built, enabling passengers to travel via Berlin and Frankfurt. Since the amount of traffic raised multiple-times, ML Trans decided to invest into a brand-new headquarters next to the airport.
Within the next months project of a new InterCity railway connecting this area to Hamburg and its region should be introduced to public. "Now we are dealing with the right way how to get all the trains on the tracks between Hannover/Wolfsburg station and the airport terminal," planner's office said. Once approved, Hannover-Hamburg railway is to be built alone by ML Trans. The company is expecting to pick up the money invested by increased revenues from it's aircraft. Delivery of new planes was about to be negotiated as soon as the airport extension is allowed, company's representatives stated. This area is believed to be an example of what is being called the country's economic miracle. In context with the new transport project, major national car producer is willing to build a new factory in the Wolfsburg region. "Niedersachsen might not be the nicest part of Simuland, but with all the future projects it is on the right way to get on the front pages," the proud governor concluded in the Hannoverische Zeitung.

Fabio

Roads

IgorEliezer

Quote from: Fabio on October 08, 2012, 11:41:08 PM
Is it me or I don't see the picture? ???
Link is broken. To get the correct link, right-click the file, then Dropbox -> Copy public link.

Isaac_Clarke

Interesting subject, I will do my best :) But are we allowed to make an assembly with 2 pictures glued together? (always with in the rules of the size compulsory)

Hitardo

This is my contribution with pak128.Britain (with a lot of Add-ons):

These are Cambridge and Rhyl metropolitan area.
As they grow each other, they found a way to be together.
Far from today are the times where a bus linked the cities centres.

Nowadays they share the same Airport (Cambridge Lowgate Airport) and two Maglev InterCity stations.
For urban transport, they share a tram line, an above-surface Maglev line and a Maglev subway system.

These cities are strong on farm production.
Surrounding the cities, we have production of: cows, milk, meat, vegetables, fruit, cider and even fish.
Connecting this farms to big distribution centres we have a Maglev Cargo line and trucks leaving every hour.
The farm workers have lines that link the work place to the cities lines: from bus and tram. There is a post truck line too.

These systems require constant optimization, as the two cities grow off barriers...

PS: This is a real game.
Always looking for new things, new knowledge.

greenling

Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

Raiser

Tale of Hannover & Rothenburg

First of all i whish to thank all guys who have voteted for my last contribution to the SMSC last Month - You made me Proud! Due to the low attendance this month i try to fill this up with a input from my first game.

In this setting you see the the Cities Hannover in the North, and Rothenburg in the South seperated trough the sea gate in the middle. Hannovers caracter is just like a typical major town containing mass citizens against Rothenburg with his desperate heavy industrie and large freight areas (not visible in this screenshot). They are connected via the Highway and the freight rail carrying grain to the flour mills in Rothenburg from the Grainfarms laying in the east from Hannover. Between the Sea Gate you can see the Bridges connecting the two cities in the underground with passenger trains. In addition to the inter urban rail services Streetcars, Busses, Ferry Boats and Underground Trains cross connect this two cityies.

Real Game with timeline,year 1996, PAK128 with many addons and some modifications i introduce soon.

Regards

Raiser

Junna

I'm not on the whole clear about what the actual purpose of this month is; but nevertheless--

High-speed and main-line between two cities, and the goods dedicated bypass diverging.

pak64.japan and addons

Sarlock

Port Renfrew, 1990.  Logging of the vast coastal forests is a tiresome operation.  Dotted along the ocean's coastline are small communities built around sawmills and logging operations.  This is one such area, nestled in a bay to shelter the port from the fierce winter storms that pummel the area.  Large logging operations take place along the various hills and valleys and above the city is one such operation.  The small community of Upper Post is centered around its logging operations.  Trees are cut from the surrounding forests, transported to the main depot and the raw logs are trucked down the mountain to Port Renfrew to be cut in to lumber and shipped off to final destinations.  Port Renfrew relies upon the steady stream of logs supplied by the logging camp at Upper Post and Upper Post relies on Port Renfrew to transport it all of the supplies it requires to operate.  One cannot survive without the other.

pak128 + addons + custom built content work in progress (as yet unreleased)
From a real game.
Current projects: Pak128 Trees, blender graphics

greenling

Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

IgorEliezer

Pics, pics and pics... they all are pretty and such. :)

@Sarlocks': never seen so pleasant and vivid greenish scene in Simutrans.

Quote from: ML on October 08, 2012, 08:46:26 PM
version 111.2.2. r5583 | pak128 2.1.0 | real game, no add-ons | public player used in the early stages of the game to build some of the railway networks and improve city infrastructure

ML, we can't see the image. The link for the image is broken. I told above how to post an image stored in the Dropbox.

vilvoh

As IgorEleizer said, it was not possible to include ML's picture, as the link is broken. Then, let's start the voting.

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...