News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

[OBSOLETE] Planned development of Pak128

Started by Fabio, December 12, 2013, 01:35:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fabio

Current development version 2.5

Planned stable 3.0 2014Q1
- Full half slope conversion

Future stable 3.2
- winter version for all buildings
- better climate classification of objects
- more trees and ground objects for all climates
- holds system for ships and planes

Long term plans
- industry chains revision
- economy balancing
- better GUI (icons)

This is my planned roadmap. Does anyone wants to contribute to this/other goals?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zeno

I have all the stuff on how things are balanced up to know.
Im not sure on how things should be done, but i have been messing with Napik's excel sheets for a while, later with my own stuff, so probably i'll be able to give some idwas and details...

Markohs

Are you sure you need even more trees? There are quite a lot! :)

Sarlock

Mostly adding winter/snow versions and updating some of the images for trees that don't match the pakset as well or are a bit outdated graphically.
Current projects: Pak128 Trees, blender graphics

Tazze

Does buildings included in the ground objects?

sdog

Quote from: Markohs on December 12, 2013, 11:43:51 PM
Are you sure you need even more trees? There are quite a lot! :)
Quote from: Sarlock on December 13, 2013, 12:30:52 AM
Mostly adding winter/snow versions and updating some of the images for trees that don't match the pakset as well or are a bit outdated graphically.
That alone is enough to tell, one of you is from Catalonia and the other from Canada :-P

prissi

Just to remind that there is an upper limit of different trees (I think it was 196 or so).

Dwachs

Quote from: prissi on December 13, 2013, 10:46:30 AM
Just to remind that there is an upper limit of different trees (I think it was 196 or so).
The code suggests the limit to be 254 ?
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

Sarlock

Is this a limit on the number of tree images or tree types?  I assume types, since we're probably over that already for images... and we're definitely not going to get close to that limit, I think we only have 40 or so thusfar.

Fabio

254 trees still means 30 trees for each of 8 climates. Desert has none, hence even more.
Also, some trees should be shared between two neighboring climates. I totally rely on Sarlock's judgement on this subject.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sarlock

Most trees can overlap 2-3 climates each, only some are specific to just one climate.  We won't come close to 254 trees, that's for sure.  At 30 per tree, that's 7,500 images and I am certainly not capable of getting anywhere close to that before tree insanity sets in  ;D  I doubt I will even make 1,000 in my lifetime...

benste

as i didn't figure on where to put the feedback ... beside the things posted about the soft slopes i also noted the redrawing of the canal images,

this leads to grafical issues when you do a 3*3 canal which used to be one area, now 9 individual tiles with small islands in between ... Looks very funny in the "Swiss Alps" Scenario - especially the big lakes :)

kierongreen

Lakes can now be actual water tiles rather than rivers or canals.

benste

Hi,
is that your short form of saying - all old maps and scenarios should be manually upgraded to the new style ?
or are there any plans to provide automated upgrade functions ? I mean you should still be able to play older savegames shouldn't you ?

kierongreen

There's no need to upgrade but it is now a better way of implementing lakes than a grid of canals.

Combuijs

Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

mEGa

Hi Community.
Thanx Fabio for your presentation. It's a quite idea ;-)
I can continue the work on winter version of buildings and factories as we began one year ago. Step by Step because I'm very busy at this moment.

Current projects in progress : improvements of few designed french paks