News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

More city buildings

Started by Archon, February 13, 2010, 10:47:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hood

Excellent - I've renamed it systematically anyway for inclusion in the pak.

greenling

Thank´s for the new More city buildings.
greenling
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

Archon

Ugliest concrete block ever.

It took almost 6 months to get this far. (more like it was so ugly that I lost interest)

Might just fix those windows + roof thing and be done with it.

The Hood

That is fantastically ugly :)  Nice work.

jamespetts

I second that! Very realistically ugly; an excellent addition!
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Archon

ookay. Here comes first release candidate.

http://www.saunalahti.fi/jusskiiv/pak/"ugly"_Apartments.zip

There should be few other same level, similar size buildings to give some variety.

My next projects however are likely some old low density houses or shops.

jamespetts

Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

The Hood

That's great!  If it's not too tricky it might be worth doing several versions of those tower blocks in different heights.  It's a good way to add buildings of different levels quickly...

Archon

I made shorter version with 2 less floors.

No preview, didn't test it in game yet but it should be good (famous last words).

I have 5 pictures of old buildings that I want to finish before I make more modern ones.

www.saunalahti.fi/jusskiiv/pak/A_short_apartments.zip

The Hood

Added - along with two taller versions I made by just copying and pasting extra floors on in GIMP.  Looking forward to the next creations (of whatever era).

The Hood

wlindley

Three cheers, Archon!  Amazing how much of a difference a single building can make in the 1960s cities.  I will have to get back on my projects here again soon.

Milko

Hello

A big step forward! Beautiful! thanks

Giuseppe

Archon

First patch for all 3 new buildings.

I forgot special colors and towers were aligned off by 1 pixel(need to move up).

http://www.saunalahti.fi/jusskiiv/pak/update-123.zip

sdog

we could use the same buildings, make them grimy, put graffiti at lower parts and introduce them after 1980.

wlindley

Except, we are missing the "good neighbo(u)rhood / bad neighbo(u)rhood" (Land Values) that the original SimCity had... Hm, I wonder how that would work in Simutrans.  In the modern era of Pak128.Britain, for example, all those water-treatment plants would congregate in the "bad" parts of town along with those graffiti-strewn buildings... and even the citycars in that part of town would be lower-class!  Would the maintenance costs of buses and trains increase when operated through "bad" areas?  Hmm.

sdog

this can be achieved by setting the less nice buildings to a lower level, they should tend to aggregate at the rim of cities.

Junna

Quote from: sdog on September 07, 2011, 03:57:19 PM
this can be achieved by setting the less nice buildings to a lower level, they should tend to aggregate at the rim of cities.

Does that not mean they contribute less population and traffic, too, which would be rather inaccurate.

greenling

I hope that those Building be cam in pak128.Britain!
I Like new Building!
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)

The Hood

Thanks for the updates - now included.

Archon

My next project:

Some old stores.

edit:

New image

The Hood

The Hood

Fantastic - going in SVN as I type...

Archon

Good news first. Tile works first test.

It needs white window frames and few boxes here and there.

And bad news.

Found small bug in pavement.png from svn/ways. There was 2 pixels missing.

I used it as base for some buildings + had minor alignment issue with snow on my template file.

Total 7 images are effected. I will upload those after I have renamed them with svn names.

Here is fixed pavement.png + fixed templates.

http://www.saunalahti.fi/jusskiiv/Brit128Stuff.zip

wlindley

Haven't got the snow on, but I did correct the "half-transparent pixel snow" bugs in the Church:

Perhaps that is good enough for now; at least the ground outside the church-yard will be "snow appropriate" ...?

No more Windows boxes here, so not sure how to run TileCutter anymore.  Sure wish that makeobj would know how to do that itself, one of these days I will rewrite that tool too...

gimp source

The Hood

@Archon - excellent, and fixing bugs is good news IMO not bad news! Thanks for the updated pavement.png

@wlindley - thanks for that update - I'll actually leave out the grass entirely so it can just take snow ground regardless.  Nevertheless a version with snowed roof, tree, wall and tombs would be great eventually.

Archon

And here comes tile works:

Maybe not masterpiece but I still like it.

http://www.saunalahti.fi/jusskiiv/pak/TileWorks.zip

The Hood

Archon's latest updates in SVN too (not had time to do anything with the church).

Archon

More brick houses.

http://www.saunalahti.fi/jusskiiv/pak/brickhouses.zip

Intro and retire years are guessed like most of time.

The Hood

Excellent additions!  Seeing the 2-storey version is a "corner" block - would it be possible to do a "straight" one as well and define 8-images?

greenling

wlindley
Super.The Park in winter looks good out.