News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

Merged standard into experimental....

Started by neroden, June 18, 2010, 04:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neroden

Results are in the 'ncn-devel' branch on my github.  A few tricky things (including the HQ business and new industry graphics) so I thought I'd save James Petts the trouble of doing it himself.

While doing this I noticed a bunch of different intro/retire dates on trams.  I'm assuming the ones in experimental are correct, but they're really quite divergent so I'm wondering whether they should be pushed back to standard.  Standard basically extended most early tram retire dates to 1918 as far as I can tell.  Also the Blackpool Balloon retires later in experimental....

EDIT: Rrr!  Didn't realize that while I was gone a subboard was created.... I guess this belongs there, mostly, apart from the question of pushing intro/retire dates back into standard...

jamespetts

Nathanael,

thank you for your work! I shall have to pull/merge that when I get a chance. The reason for the different introduction/retirement dates is to optimise Pak128.Britain-Ex for the new obsolescence handling in Simutrans-Experimental, which means having retirement dates set when the vehicles go out of production, not when they are likely to go out of use (in Simutrans-Standard, there seems to be an inconsistent approach between the two; trains and 'buses seem to use the latter approach, whereas lorries and boats appear to use the approach for which I am aiming).
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.