News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

building for os-x

Started by asaphxiix, January 04, 2013, 02:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

asaphxiix

should the compiling be directly from the master branch?

are there any special requirements?

thanks!

jamespetts

The master branch will always give you the latest released version, so if you want to compile 10.18, yes, compile from the master branch. The 10.x branch will give you the latest bug fixes not in the master branch (which will increment to 11.x when we step a version, etc.). There are also other branches for specific projects, such as the 112.x branch.

As to special requirements, I don't know much about compiling for Mac OS-X, so I can't assist much further, I'm afraid. If you are able to do this, it would be most helpful if you could send me the binaries so that I can distribute them to enable Mac users everywhere to play Experimental.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

MCollett

Quote from: jamespetts on January 04, 2013, 07:41:20 PM
it would be most helpful if you could send me the binaries so that I can distribute them to enable Mac users everywhere to play Experimental.

I have just compiled a Mac version of 10.18 (OS X 10.6.8 Intel; should work for 10.7 or 10.8 ).  Do you want the binary? If so, what is the best way to send it to you?

Best wishes,
Matthew

asaphxiix

thank you very much Matthew!

Kindly upload it here, and I think James would like to add this to some repository as well....

jamespetts

You could either upload it somewhere or e-mail it to me. Thank you very much!

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

jamespetts

Thank you very much - that is very helpful indeed!