News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Simutrans art stolen?

Started by Byt3s, January 15, 2013, 09:38:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Byt3s

http://www.indiedb.com/games/i-mayor/#3496961

i love simutrans, but this dude is taking your guys work and saying its his, and making a game out of it!!!

if your gonna use hard peoples art, at least give credit to it!
i know im under a guest account, but i wanted to report this to here, so you guys can stop him from making money off your hard work!

Carl

That doesn't look precisely like any Simutrans pakset I know of, though obviously the isometric setup -- with tiles etc -- seems pretty much the same.

Combuijs

I had the impression it was Pak32.comic I saw. But I never played that, so I might be wrong.
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

An_dz

No pakset have those graphics. pak32.comic is too small and pak96.comic are too big and I know none of those graphics exist in 96comic.

prissi

But pak32 is GPL, you cannot steal this ...

If its licence is also open source, we can steal there too ;)

VS

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Ters

Quote from: prissi on January 16, 2013, 10:05:11 AM
But pak32 is GPL, you cannot steal this ...

You can, in a sense, by making non-GPL derivatives.

Dwachs

.. which is the true advantage of free software over non-free like simutrans and some of its paksets ^^
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.