News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Music!

Started by Markohs, September 17, 2013, 11:51:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenling

Hello Max-Max & Prissi
I found a small technical problem.
There are still SimutransFans have installed her Simutrans games on mobile USB hard drives, USB flash drive or SDHC card.
Through it can during the playback of mp3 and ogg files to the stuttering playback come. ::-\
Because the transfer speed of USB mobile hard disk, USB flash drive and SDHC card is partially depending on the age of the computer.  ::-\

Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

prissi

The simutrans wav files are encoded with 81kbps and the midi are more like 81 bits per second, and also are loaded (in case of SDL) into the main memory. Both speed could be delivered just by a floppy disk. So the USB speed is certainly not the limit.

pletiplot

What about having music modular like paks are? Someone load null music-pak, someone loads midi pak, someone loads small mp3 pak, someone loads big mp3 pak.

Ters

Supporting both midi and mp3 might be a bit complicated. They are very different concepts.

greenling

Hello All
Gives here the wish from the Player that we can be build up a database with midifiles?
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

kierongreen

Obtaining recordings or midi files with a suitable licence for inclusion in simutrans is actually quite tricky. Not only do the files have to be freely available, they have to have a CC licence (or similar) that allows modification otherwise they can't be used in games. If someone was able to source such files, or create them then they could be considered for inclusion.