News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Translation request

Started by Ashley, May 28, 2014, 02:14:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashley

This isn't really related to Simutrans, but I know there's quite a few talented German speakers here.

I've been doing some further work on my Firefox addon SixOrNot and noticed that I have a sizeable German-speaking userbase. I'd like to get a German translation of the texts used in the addon.

These are the strings to translate (just the bits to the right of the =, or inside the quotes for the XML part).

If anyone could help I'd really appreciate it, and give you a translation credit in the source/addon description :) (This isn't limited to German btw, if anyone feels like doing a translation in their language I'd certainly appreciate it! Japanese, French and Dutch all have around 100 users at present. There is already a Russian translation though.)

The latest version of the addon is here, works with Firefox 24+ and the latest version of SeaMonkey, if anyone wants to take a look.

## Toolbar button label                                                                               
label=SixOrNot                                                                                       
tt_button=Open SixOrNot panel

## Panel text                                                                                         
header_remote=Remote
header_local=Local
header_settings=Open Settings                                                                         
sixornot_documentation=Online Documentation
sixornot_weblink=http://entropy.me.uk/sixornot/                                                       
hide_text=Hide
show_text=Show
addr_cached=Cached
addr_unavailable=Address Unavailable                                                                 
addr_na=N/A

## Panel tooltips                                                                                     
tt_open_settings=Click to open SixOrNot settings.                                                     
tt_hide_detail=Hide DNS lookup information for this domain.                                           
tt_show_detail=Show DNS lookup information for this domain.                                           
tt_gotowebsite=Visit the SixOrNot website for help and information.                                   
tt_copycount=Number of connections made to this host.                                                 
tt_copydomclip=Click to copy all data for this domain to clipboard.                                   
tt_copyaddr=Click to copy this IP address to the clipboard.                                           
tt_hide_local=Hide local IP address information
tt_show_local=Show local IP address information

<em:description>IPv6 status indicator</em:description>
<!ENTITY options_showaddressicon.label "Show icon in address bar">                                   
<!ENTITY options_showaddressicon.desc "Enable display of the SixOrNot icon in the address bar.">     
<!ENTITY options_greyscaleicons.label "Greyscale icons">                                             
<!ENTITY options_greyscaleicons.desc "Enable the greyscale icon set.">                               
<!ENTITY options_showallips.label "Show all local IPs in panel">                                     
<!ENTITY options_showallips.desc "Enable display of non-routeable local IP addresses in the panel.">
Use Firefox? Interested in IPv6? Try SixOrNot the IPv6 status indicator for Firefox.
Why not try playing Simutrans online? See the Game Servers board for details.

Leartin

Open SixOrNot panel
I don't think there is a 'correct' translation for panel. I'd simply go with "SixOrNot öffnen" or "Zeige DNS" (show DNS... that's what it does, after all)

Remote & Local
Both terms should be obvious even to German users. "Remote" is quite common in the context of connections, for example, German windows has a native "Remotedesktopverbindung". To make it absolutely clear even for total newbies, I'd suggest "Website" and "Lokal"

Open Settings
"Einstellungen" (or "Einstellungen öffnen")                                                                   
Online Documentation
"Online-Dokumentation" - but I suggest "Online-Hilfe" (help) or "Anleitung" (manual).

Hide & Show
"Verbergen" und "Anzeigen"

Cached
I'd leave it as cached, since cache is a common word in German in regards to browsers. And it would be something like "zwischengespeichert" if you'd actuially translate it.

Address Unavailable
Adresse nicht verfügbar
N/A
N/A

Click to open SixOrNot settings
"Öffnet die Einstellungen von SixOrNot"
Hide DNS lookup information for this domain.
"Verberge aufgelösten DNS-Namen dieser Domain"
Show DNS lookup information for this domain.
"Zeige aufgelösten DNS-Namen dieser Domain"                                 
Visit the SixOrNot website for help and information.
"Besuche die SixOrNot-Website für Hilfe und Informationen"                                 
Number of connections made to this host.
"Anzahl an Verbindungen zu diesem Host."         
Click to copy all data for this domain to clipboard.
"Überträgt alle Informationen zu dieser Domain in die Zwischenablage."
Click to copy this IP address to the clipboard.
"Überträgt diese IP-Adresse in die Zwischenablage."
Hide local IP address information
"Verberge Informationen zu lokalen IP-Adressen"
Show local IP address information
"Zeige Informationen zu lokalen IP-Adressen"

Show icon in address bar
"Icon in der Adressleiste anzeigen"
Enable display of the SixOrNot icon in the address bar.
"Aktiviert die Anzeige des SixOrNot-Icons in der Adresszeile."
Greyscale icons
"Ausgegraute Icons" or simply "Graue Icons"
Enable the greyscale icon set.
"Aktiviert farblose Versionen des Icons"                           
Show all local IPs in panel
"Zeige alle lokalen IPs an"                               
Enable display of non-routeable local IP addresses in the panel.
"Aktiviert die Anzeige von lokalen IP-Adressen, welche nicht geroutet werden können"

Well, that's how I'd put it. Hope that helps.

Ashley

Perfect, thanks! What name/details would you like me to put to credit you in the translation file?
Use Firefox? Interested in IPv6? Try SixOrNot the IPv6 status indicator for Firefox.
Why not try playing Simutrans online? See the Game Servers board for details.

Leartin

Just go with Leartin, I don't really care about credit for caughing up a few words ;)