News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

Department store

Started by Václav, December 11, 2014, 11:02:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Václav

As I said some days ago, I did - I started work on import of my department store originally created for pak96.comic.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

Commander Noddy

I wonder why no one comment here. Back to main focus, cool job man:) Keep it on and make it further:D

May The Force Be With You Always!

Václav

Don't be worried about future of this department store, noddy325.
But its building will take some more time, even if I currently work only on this one.

This is original face as is in pak96.comic (where you may use it from previous week)

I don't promise keeping it in the same face. I cannot do that. Because I know that some (next) changes may be needed. And may be that somebody of development team of pak192.comic (Leartin or Flemmbrav or somebody else) will make some finishing graphical works - together with cutting, writing of dat file and compilation into pak file.

Of course, I can cut it and write dat file (and create pak file - and publish all to any change would be possible) - but I don't play pak192.comic and so I don't know current situation with goods in this pakset.

Commander Noddy

Vaclav are you playing pak128? If you make addons in pak128, it will be great for me (at least :P) also others:)

May The Force Be With You Always!

Václav

I played pak128 - but I don't at this time - and I don't think I would do that in few following months.

I don't know current situation with department stores in pak128 - but if I left playing pak128, situation was no so bad (as is in pak96.comic or pak192.comic).

And of course, my paint art fits best to pak96.comic (and also to pak192.comic, even if not so perfectly).

I created addons for pak128. You may find some ones in forum. But ...

Václav

Ladies and gentlemen,

conversion of department store from pak96.comic to pak192.comic is complete.

Now, you can make finishing works - improve graphics as is needed (including making winter version, if you would like) and create dat file.

If you would like, I can export it per parts - but it will take some time.

Leartin

Václav, the style of pak192.comic changed a lot. Once it was very similar to pak96.comic and conversion was somewhat easy, but it is no more.
The pakset uses/used two of your buildings, a flax farm and the textile factory. I refined them, let me show you how it went:

I think it is easier to refine graphics than to do them completely new, even though I redraw most of it. So I appriciate your permission to use your works, especially if there is some interesting architecture to them, like the other mall you did. But with my technique, I can use 96-size versions just fine, so there is no additional work for you required.

If I decide to redraw something, I'll ask permission beforehand. :)

Václav

Leartin, I have not a problem with redrawing of my buildings into (not only) pak192.comic. It means: You have that permission - only write me in the first place of authors.

Central building of flax farm (taken from original purpose): Yes, it is very perfect.

Textile factory (taken from original purpose):
1. Doors above lift - there I don't understand why you made those doors so close to each other.
2. Windows on front building could stay without that frame around. But may it be.

Even if I don't use GIMP as main graphical editor, for these one-face factories I can provide GIMP file with original layer PNG files.

And I have prepared also historical version of the second factory. Missing of great windows on rear building is intended (but at this time I don't know why)

Leartin

Quote from: Václav on January 16, 2015, 09:31:34 AM
1. Doors above lift - there I don't understand why you made those doors so close to each other.
Your old version has more floors than the new one, but the same height, so unless your lift skips floors, there should be more doors. These floors are 20px high, which is standard in pak192.comic, only the ground floor is twice as high. This is because I can see the ground floor being one giant hall with big machinery and stuff, but it does not make any sense to stack those above each other when clearly there is enough floor to expand on the ground. Since this factory outputs something that's sold in the shopping center, I assume that it does not only change raw fiber of sheeps and flax to cloth, but clothes as well. Which means the top floors could be for all the sewers, who need big amount of cloth to work (hence the elevator) but no high ceiling.
2. Windows on front building could stay without that frame around. But may it be.
I assume the front building to be offices, meeting rooms and stuff like that. Office buildings are not as practical as industrial buildings, they are supposed to look good, too. As such, some kind of frame seemed appropriate.
And I have prepared also historical version of the second factory. Missing of great windows on rear building is intended (but at this time I don't know why)
I know, your old version is/was in pak192c as well. But when we decided that they did not fit the style and had to go, Alex drew a completely new old factory. It would be very, very odd to have three factories which all do the same, while other factories are old, 'ugly' and don't even have winter graphics.

Václav

Quote from: Leartin on January 16, 2015, 12:16:58 PM
I assume the front building to be offices, meeting rooms and stuff like that. Office buildings are not as practical as industrial buildings, they are supposed to look good, too. As such, some kind of frame seemed appropriate.
I used this building as pattern when I created original (modern) factory.

If you would like, I can send you sources of fishpond. I think that this factory would be easy to re-make because you may totally replace building (that is only one floor high and so, resizing of floors would be difficult) and waterflowers (because else they would have wrong size) - but let other parts (own fishpond and swarm) as they are.

All my projects are free. Just to say what, and I (if I can) send sources.