News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

Some thoughts on signal boxes

Started by Junna, August 24, 2015, 11:50:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junna

1. Could it be useful to have the range/radius displayed in a similar manner to stop coverage?

2. It would be useful of signal boxes were possible to name. It makes it easier to know which signal is connected to which box.

///

Currently, signal box connections are not saved.

Choose signals are frequently not obeyed.

jamespetts

Thank you for your thoughts. I had originally thought of doing as you suggest at no. 1, but, because each signal and each signalbox has a radius, both of which are optional, this is likely to give rise more to confusion than clarification.

As to no. 2, I will keep an eye on what happens in Standard apropos depots and see whether something similar can make its way to signalboxes. The main obstacle will be the amount of time that it will take to set up the UI, as the UI in Simutrans is extremely hard to work with.

In respect of the signalbox locations, this should now be fixed.

Apropos the choose signals, I need to finish the signalbox work before I can start looking into the simulation code. If this problem persists after I update the simulation code, perhaps you could post a separate, specific bug report with a saved game and steps to reproduce?

Thank you for your feedback.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Junna

jamespetts

Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.