News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

Signals and boxes don't seem to connect at all

Started by Junna, October 16, 2015, 10:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junna

Build from yesterday. Doesn't seem that any signals and boxes are connected any longer as they used to.

jamespetts

I can't reproduce this, I am afraid. Can you give more details? Please note that narrow gauge signals in Pak128.Britain-Ex have not been updated to work with signalboxes yet, so if you are using narrow gauge signals, this might be the issue.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

jamespetts

I have now updated the narrow gauge signals so as to work with signalboxes; can you confirm whether the error has now abated?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Junna

It's with standard signals though. There's been no change to the signals in the pak since last I updated ,but I'll guess I'll look into that.

jamespetts

Is this with your own version of Pak128.Britain-Ex or the Swedish pakset, or is it with the official Pak128.Britain-Ex from Github? How is the Swedish pakset getting on, incidentally? That is a splendid project.

Junna

It's the pak-britain one. I tried to update makeobj, as evidently it had become out of date, but I get compile errors with makobj-experimental now:

jamespetts

Thank you for that report: I have now fixed this issue. I should be grateful if you could let me know when you have tried again how you get on.

Junna

That sorted it. But it crashes an awful lot when working with signalling, it seems?

jamespetts

Can you give steps to reproduce a crash so that I can fix it?

Junna

Well, resignalling an old section of line, deleting the old signals, then placing several signals and boxes with the game paused -- when unpaused, it will randomly crash. Not always; but every other time or so, it has crashed for me.

jamespetts

What type of signals were you using? Are you able to upload a saved game in which this occurs?

Edit
: Also, did you delete the signals individually, or by deleting their signalbox?

Junna

It's 1875, so it's semaphores mostly with different boxes depending on the sections (small and intermediate size boxes mostly).

Pak:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/xhdb9oa4hf4qbq1/Pak128.Britain-Ex-0.9.2J.rar

Save:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/bbosb8ba53zbj4y/tass10.sve

It doesn't seem to matter much where it is done, but whenever swaths of signals are removed on a section, new signals are placed with boxes, etc, and the game is unpaused, it will often (but not always) crash. Perhaps it has to do when any of the blocks are occupied by trains? It works fine if you save before unpausing-- you can then load the game after it has crashed with no issues.

jamespetts

I see that you have a number of time interval signals that you are replacing: is it only on deleting time interval signals that you get the trouble? I did fix a possible issue with this last night, although that fix is more of a workaround with some side effects and I am hoping to come up with a proper fix soon; but, in any event, with the latest commit, this should not crash any longer.